The case of the missing monastery?

There is evidence both documented and on the ground there was a monastery situated within the farm buildings although the exact site is still unknown......

Let me know when I can reserve my "Detect with Doug" travel package! I would enjoy the off-the-beaten-path history lessons as much as the digging. Well, almost.

You’re killing me, too cool man. I’m going to go dig another 1986 quarter now........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, excellent finds as usual! Those silvers are awesome, especially the half crown! Found one last year, had no clue what it was so I (incorrectly) thought it was a gothic florin :laughing:

What are the coins you've labelled as dateless? Just pennies and halfpennies or older stuff?

Dang those are awesome finds. Where in the US are you heading?

Hope you find some US gold :) Maybe a 10 dollar gold piece (a 20 dollar piece would be being greedy :) )

Thank you.

We are heading back out to Anna Maria Island (Florida) for 3 weeks, will meet up with some of the local pirates out on the beach again

Let me know when I can reserve my "Detect with Doug" travel package! I would enjoy the off-the-beaten-path history lessons as much as the digging. Well, almost.

Thank you

Half the fun is the research?

You’re killing me, too cool man. I’m going to go dig another 1986 quarter now........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.

I will be digging quarters myself in a few weeks time......;)

Wow, excellent finds as usual! Those silvers are awesome, especially the half crown! Found one last year, had no clue what it was so I (incorrectly) thought it was a gothic florin :laughing:

What are the coins you've labelled as dateless? Just pennies and halfpennies or older stuff?

Thank you.

Dateless coins are mostly old Georgian/Victorian coins, possible poor quality metal combined with modern day chemicals?

More finds.

I was awaiting an ID for the token.

My thanks to a member of our small FB group for the ID.

Bottom right WW1 general service button.
iIp7qZz.jpg

Half-penny token.

1h4Gqlg.jpg

UlawoqV.jpg

Example of the token.
DkqZswk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom