coin ring

randy

Forum Supporter
Found my first coin ring yesterday (that is, a coin hammered into a ring). This one was made from a dateless SLQ, when reading the inside, you can see the stars after the word "QUARTER DOLLAR". In this shot, you can see the word "LIBERTY" on the one side, and "QUARTER DOLLAR" on the other side, if you look hard enough.

Also found a 1934 silver quarter nearby, which I managed to nail pretty good with my digger. That still happens sometimes, good thing it wasn't a valuable coin.

HH everyone.

Attachments

• 082419z.jpg
    082419z.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 480
  • 082419.jpg
    082419.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 423
Cool to find one like that!
I made one out of a silver Kennedy half, by tapping the outside of the coin with the back of a spoon, then filing out the center. A long tedious process.

Cool to find one like that!
I made one out of a silver Kennedy half, by tapping the outside of the coin with the back of a spoon, then filing out the center. A long tedious process.
1974. Metal shop in school. The entire class made coin rings out of silver quarters and half dollars. Mine was a Washington made exactly how you describe. Took 3 class days to make as I remember. Memories....

I would love to find an old silver coin ring. They are beautiful and took lots of craftsmanship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the neat SLQ coin ring, and the silver Washington, too! :clapping: Great finds, Randy!

Amazing find! Don't see those posted often. Congrats!. I've found one in 40+ years of detecting. Mine was a 47 Half.

Super find! Somehow, after seeing this post, and maybe one other coin ring posted, the impossible coin ring has made it on my wish list. It comes in after "gold coin" and "mason jar full of silvers". I better get crackin'...

Back
Top Bottom