100 year old house hunt!!

BGdigger1

I was given permission recently to detect a house of a buddy that's just over a hundred years old. I've been real excited until halfway over there this morning they let me know it was hit 15 years ago by a guy. Even though I was a little deflated I still thought the nox could maybe find something. My buddy let me know the guy was there a long time but wasn't sure if he found anything.
After about 20 minutes I was sure that the guy had hit it before drained it. I couldn't even find a pull tab. I finally get a signal ...only about 4 in deep...Bam!!!...silver. A 1935 quarter. Only got a few more holes but everything was a little decent. Besides the quarter I ended up with two Wheats, a Delmar lock, a Wendys Classic medal (a race in town that has changed names years ago), a door handle, some clad, a little round and my first dog tax tag from 1934. I plan on going back and hitting the back soon.
bed0c4c4af7b9d57faebc6eeb8c4a262.jpg
6e9ac07363d8f00acc104dbde900d992.jpg
58551a8272503af3cf6239f80b9d792f.jpg
bd762effe31d1dd907c15d7f8662a583.jpg
bbd52dce99291fecdd2875a822c7f44e.jpg
f32f3ebcfe0eb118a5dae45f530a7bdb.jpg
395000c5e5ccd95edeb6b3d690d0de11.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Very nice. I don't pay much attention to what people say about places being hunted. Sure, maybe they scooped up handfuls of silver but only the best signals and going fast. Not everybody has the patience to keep going slow enough to hit deep stuff. You have the right tools, settings, and technique to do it. More than anything, nobody clears out a 100 year old yard in just a few hours unless it's tiny.

Also, even if the high conductor signals dry up, use the Nox to your advantage and work those mid-tone signals. Lots of people pass those up and you could end up with old nickels, some tokens, and maybe even vintage gold.

Those are some awesome finds! Someone spent a long time there, didn't spend enough ;)

Good luck on the back yard, low and slow, I bet you find some more goodies!

I like that dog tax tag and lock!

Wow, so cool! Makes me think of another thread on here in which a guy was worried about so many noobs coming on and the hobby becoming saturated. Goes to show that the stuff is there no matter what! Factors such as experience, equipment, and drive all come into play, among many others. If this guy was being really picky and using an el cheapo machine, he definitely left some stuff behind.

Way to go!

Good finds

I know what you mean on hunted out. I have two yards I have hunted one 2 times both 1900s. Funny thing one yard was so clean no iron or tabs etc. You would have thought my machine was off. Owner told me 2 other guys had same results before me. But the other which was the same way real quiet pulled a big silver watch bezel out of it. Go figure

Back
Top Bottom