Some Silver + 1893 Medallion

randy

Forum Supporter
Back to the site where I found that seated quarter (duh, who wouldn’t), and no more silver coins after a long hunt, but at least a sterling ring.

Then back to another site in my current rotation, an old site that has given up several Indians, and a handful of silvers, including 2 barber dimes, where I am certain I am going to get a real old silver, but today, a 1910 wheatie, a modern silver quarter, and a 1893 Columbus World’s Fair medallion to show for a morning of heat and bugs.

And some idiot drilled a hole in the medallion, presumably so they would not lose it. How did that work out for them?

I did find a picture of it online, but no info on rarity; it is probably a common one, and given its condition, its likely worthless even if a rare one.

Now, why couldn’t that 1893 medallion been an 1893 quarter?

Attachments

• 081819.jpg
    081819.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 353
Congrats on the silver GW quarter and the 1910 wheat cent! The Christopher Columbus medallion is the first I've seen like it; I wonder about the history behind it?

Cool ring. Looks like it's a small one. At first I thought it was a hunk. Then I noticed it's on your pinky. Still cool.

Yeah, that one actually looks to be pretty rare. I've seen and looked at a lot of 1892/93 Columbian Expo tokens/medalions/coins... and I've never seen that one.

You might have something there, even with the hole.

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom