JOINED THE 1800s CLUB | SEMI-KEY INDIAN CENT | POSSIBLE ERROR WHEAT CENT

SnailRacer99

So excited right now :grin:

I've been detecting this park that used to be a farm at least until the 1940s though I'm not sure how long before that. The first time I went there I pulled a 1917 wheat cent but numerous trips thereafter yielded nothing. I knew there had to be something else and tonight my feeling was confirmed!

1925 wheat cent with about a 5-10 degree rotational error (tried to get a picture but none of them turned out) Not sure if that minimal of a rotation is all that special but I still think it's cool since it's so old

Semi-key 1875 Indian cent in really good condition. The details are pretty crisp, just need to keep soaking it in hot water baths to try and get off that last bit of dirt

Wanted to stay later but it was getting late and the mosquitoes were getting crazy. Can't wait to go back, especially with a 3 day weekend coming up. I'll post more pics if the hot water baths make them any more presentable...

Attachments

• DSCF1658.JPG
    DSCF1658.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 456
  • DSCF1659.JPG
    DSCF1659.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 459
  • DSCF1660.JPG
    DSCF1660.JPG
    140.8 KB · Views: 464
Very nice IH you got there, I have vowed to become a member of the 1800s club this year myself and have been doing research like crazy :research: :putertired: :peckkey:
Good luck on your next trip back there.

Sweet lookin' IH, sounds like a great spot, too bad the MN state bird got the best of you and you had to go.

Try soaking the IH in distilled water then put it in the freezer for 10 minutes. The freeze expands the water-soaked crud and it comes off easier. Sometimes takes several days of freeze-thaw....

Yep, that's a gorgeous looking IH... none I have dug have looked that nice! Nice dig! ANd you are right - the mosquitoes suck right now! I cannot go out hunting in the woods without a headnet, or I last about 5 minutes...

Thanks everyone!!

Dig Joy: Found it in the southern portion of the Twin Cities

Milco and bb-in-main: I can't believe how bad they are this year, ticks included. Really makes me appreciate how much the Minnesota winters control the bugs!

AWESOME indian head!!!!!!!!!

The early wheats are known for slight variations in their rotations. You'll find the same 10%-15% off in some Mercury dimes, as well.

Still, that indian head is SMOKING!!!!!!

Snail, that is a lovely Indian Head cent. I have yet to find my first. My oldest wheatie is a 1911, so I have gotten close, but no ceegar ...

That is one crisp looking IH. Ranks right up there with some of goes4evers finds. Persistence pays off. Congrats.

Love the Indian Head, one of my favorite coins to find, and that one you got right there my friend is a beaut!

Back
Top Bottom