Minelab SDC 2300 Questions

fireman182

Hello
I've been interested in detecting but never actually committed to buying one.

Sadly through the passing of a family member I have inherited a Minelab SDC 2300.

I've only powered it on a tested it by passing various metals around the coil.

I know this is a gold machine but it also picks up every other metal that goes near the coil. I tested with silver, cheap rings, earrings, and coins.

What makes it special to gold if it picks up everything else?

Any metals it would not pick up ?

Not sure if I'll keep it. Is there a resale market for this model? Ideas on value?

Thanks for any info

The SDC is mainly used for gold prospecting (especially on tiny gold), but I've seen it being used on beaches and people have found tiny earrings and chains with it (although be prepared to dig heaps of junk with such a sensitive machine).

They're quite expensive, depending on the condition you could get somewhere between 2-3k for it.

I have an SDC and that machine, like other dedicated gold machines picks up all metals because PI machines are not capable of discrimination. It’s a very powerful machine that has an uncanny ability to find small gold. If you don’t plan to hunt gold nuggets, it’ll be rather limited in use. Used market would be somewhere around $2000-$2400. Jump on the Nuggetshooter forum, detector prospector forum, or Arizona Outback and you should be able to sell it pretty quick.I’ll mention it to my Arizona friends if you want. They usually know somebody looking for an SDC.

Back
Top Bottom