• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Weekend wrap up...my first 2 cent piece, more silver, Indians and relics.

Waveoff

Elite Member
I went back to the pounded park on Saturday attempting to repeat my 10 silver performance from Friday. I did manage to find a merc and war nickel in the area of the "silver mine" from the day before and a random merc in another part of the field I was hunting. The little sterling bracelet and two (pistol?) balls also came from the same field but the Indians, V nickel and general service button were found elsewhere in the park. The first picture is from Saturday.

Today, I hit the spot I hit last weekend where I found my 3 coppers and walker. I was digging a lot of iffy signals hoping for some old silver. I ended up digging a lot of junk but I did manage to find my first 2 cent piece! All of the coins I found came in loud and clear. Ironically, the rosie was found only a few feet from the 2 cent piece.:lol: The dandy button is the second one I've found at this spot. The wheats and Indian were found at an old park nearby. Picture number 2 and on are from today.

As of today, silver count is at 26 FTY. My goal is 100 by the end of the year. Hopefully I don't end up in a big slump anytime soon!

1Ig5Hq7.jpg

IqV91LX.jpg

JAHUwn1.jpg

a9PNZl7.jpg

wPJDAJo.jpg

r5QxFI4.jpg

4xQaFzx.jpg

81m5aku.jpg

Congrats on the 26 fty silvers, all the real nice recent finds and that killer two cent coin! You found yourself a prime location for sure.

Thanks JAK! As tough as the soil is around here, it seems like all the 2 cent pieces I've seen dug come out looking nice. Hopefully that spot continues to produce in the future.:)

A couple years ago, I found a similar park. In the end, I think I pulled about seven 2 cent pieces and multiple same era coinage from that site. This was a "hammered" park mind you. I can only imagibe the big silver's that were in that place, and I thoroughly believe there is a few gold coins in that park. But as Tom in CA says, its a junky blighted city park, everything sounds like a gold coin almost :laughing: fantastic hunting, some really nice keepers for sure, congrats!

All right Fred now stop it. You'll have all you sites cleaned out before spring. HA ha. Phenomenal weekend my friend. A huge congrats on the silver and 2 cent'r, dang nice shape as well. Had a good time Sat. Bunch of nice guys. Look forward to a repeat only next time with silver. HH Mark

Fred your on one hell of a roll. Congrats on the Silvers, the Sterling, the Indian's, a very sweet 2 Cent Piece and all the rest. Your 2019 is really looking to be a banner year. Trapper

Man you're killing it! I couldn't imagine digging 10 silvers on a Friday and then going back and finding all the other great finds over the weekend! Congrats!!

Awesome coin, congrats!

Thanks Jam! I thought it was a shield nickel at first until I wiped it and saw the 2.

A couple years ago, I found a similar park. In the end, I think I pulled about seven 2 cent pieces and multiple same era coinage from that site. This was a "hammered" park mind you. I can only imagibe the big silver's that were in that place, and I thoroughly believe there is a few gold coins in that park. But as Tom in CA says, its a junky blighted city park, everything sounds like a gold coin almost :laughing: fantastic hunting, some really nice keepers for sure, congrats!

Thanks cellrdwellr! I love hitting pounded sites and digging those iffy tones or listening for squeaks between the junk sounds. Hopefully you can nab a gold coin from your hammered park one of these day!

All right Fred now stop it. You'll have all you sites cleaned out before spring. HA ha. Phenomenal weekend my friend. A huge congrats on the silver and 2 cent'r, dang nice shape as well. Had a good time Sat. Bunch of nice guys. Look forward to a repeat only next time with silver. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! It was good hunting with you and the guys this weekend. We'll have to hit that other park soon and get you on some good targets!

Fred your on one hell of a roll. Congrats on the Silvers, the Sterling, the Indian's, a very sweet 2 Cent Piece and all the rest. Your 2019 is really looking to be a banner year. Trapper

Thank you Trapper! This year is definitely off to a great start. Hopefully I can keep it going.

Man you're killing it! I couldn't imagine digging 10 silvers on a Friday and then going back and finding all the other great finds over the weekend! Congrats!!

Thanks toad! It was hard saying no to markinswpa's invite on Saturday to hit the park where I found the 10 silvers on Friday.:lol: There's still plenty left at that park for sure.

What a haul,man I got to get to Pittsburgh.lol..Congrats on those,all just great finds.

Thanks! If you ever want to dig let me know. I'm usually off during the week and work weekends. I get some weekends off though. Would love to hunt with you sometime. I'm out your way a lot as well so maybe we could hit up an old farm or something.

Great hunt....silver, Indians and a two cent piece ! WTG !

Thank you! I've been extremely lucky lately! The Nox is a great machine as well.:yes:

Your off to a great start to the year...congrats! That Dandy button with detail and full shank is a nice find!! That's an old site....

Thank you! I've been very fortunate so far this year with the finds. I wish I could figure out what was at this site. I've looked at every old map of the area I could find and it doesn't show anything being here besides a house from the late 1800s to the 1940s.

Amazing public ground finds! I have got to make a trip to dig with you guys! Wow!!!!

Congrats on all those amazing finds, Waveoff! :woot: I especially like the 2 cent piece; that's one of my favorite coin designs. :yes:

excellent pictures. Excellent report. LOVE the green patina on that 2 center, and the IH's !

Hey, you say this is your first 2 cent piece, eh ? So are 2 cent pieces more rare on the east coast than LC's ?

excellent pictures. Excellent report. LOVE the green patina on that 2 center, and the IH's !

Hey, you say this is your first 2 cent piece, eh ? So are 2 cent pieces more rare on the east coast than LC's ?

Thank you Tom! The 2 cent pieces seem to show up a little less regularly than the big coppers it seems. Although, my friend Tyler has found over a dozen 2 cent pieces in the past few years!:lol:

That is friggen awesome, Congrats. :thumbsup:

Thank you Bajanick!

Back
Top Bottom