Recent SoCal Finds Including My New Favorite Token and a Cool Piece of History

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
Here are some finds from one short after work hunt and an all day hunt with my buddy Dan. On the after work hunt I went to a pounded park in hopes of finding at least one silver which I did plus I also found a few wheats and a cool Green River Whiskies token from the 1930's.

The next hunt I went to a park with my buddy Dan and we both had great days. Dan highlights were an 1875 seated dime and 2 indians. I found a couple silver coins and about 20 wheats but the highlights we an International Harvester Co. fob and a cool Teddy Roosevelt token. From my research the fob is from 1890. The Roosevelt token is probably my favorite token that I have found. One side has an image of Teddy and says Theo. Roosevelt and the other side says President Roosevelt 1903. What makes it even cooler is I found an article which states that Teddy was at this location that I found it at in 1903 on his trip to California. Maybe he was the one handing them out but either way it is cool tying the token to him directly being there and the tokens being handed out that day.

Jason

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Nice job Jason! Great finds!! I have seen that Green River whiskey token before.

Great token and those other items!!

Give Dan my best!!
Thanks Ron
Congrats on the silvers, marbles, tokens and the rest...good digs as always Jason!
Thanks Bruce
Wow, looks like you had some fun. I love those finds and congrats on the silver. Some of those marbles can be worth some good bucks too.
Thanks! The marbles are just cateyes, but I have found a lot of fun ones in the past but know nothing about what makes some rare.
What machines were you guys using? Jealous of your weather!
Etrac
Nice job Jason! Great finds!! I have seen that Green River whiskey token before.
Thanks Tom. Yes, I have seen the Green river tokens too, they seem pretty common but still fun. I did find that there are 12 variations of the token though.
Cool bunch of finds! Great job!
Thanks bud!

Excellent post, as usual. Only a computerized robot can pull more coins out of the sickly pounded junky parks of So. CA !

PS, there's a nasty rumor afloat, that a northern CA guy "may or may not", be in southern CA, at this moment. He "may or may not" have just lifted 2 seated dimes from under your robot noses. Tsk tsk. Better get to work on that 'puter glitch! :cool:

Outstanding finds Jam! Very interesting pieces of history you unearthed there. Plus 4 more marbles! I've found a whopping 1 marble so far this year and it was in a hole with junk!:lol:

Nice coin haul and great non-coin stuff too. Love that Teddy Roosevelt presidential token!

I've found a couple of those Green River tokens over the years, must have been a popular whiskey back in the day.

Some fantastic hunting Jason. Love the Fob and the Tokens, all look to be in great condition and have great history. Those finds almost make the the Silver insignificant, Almost! Congrats on adding 3 more to the count and the pile of Wheat's. Congrats to Dan on the Seated and the Indians. Trapper

I don't think that little red marble is a cat-eye. Hard to tell from the dirty pic, but I think it might be one of the later American made marbles. Again can't tell from the pic, but if it's less than a half inch diameter and American made, that can push the collector value up to a dollar, even more for older, rarer marbles.

Excellent post, as usual. Only a computerized robot can pull more coins out of the sickly pounded junky parks of So. CA !

PS, there's a nasty rumor afloat, that a northern CA guy "may or may not", be in southern CA, at this moment. He "may or may not" have just lifted 2 seated dimes from under your robot noses. Tsk tsk. Better get to work on that 'puter glitch! :cool:
Thanks Tom! So if you came south of SB I guess I get a pass to go north. Nice goi g on the seateds. Park or lot?

Grats on the trip silver
thanks

Outstanding finds Jam! Very interesting pieces of history you unearthed there. Plus 4 more marbles! I've found a whopping 1 marble so far this year and it was in a hole with junk!:lol:
Thanks!
That’s quite a haul! Lots of amazing finds. Congrats!
Thanks
Nice coin haul and great non-coin stuff too. Love that Teddy Roosevelt presidential token!

I've found a couple of those Green River tokens over the years, must have been a popular whiskey back in the day.
Thanks! Yes the green river tokens are fairly common.
Some fantastic hunting Jason. Love the Fob and the Tokens, all look to be in great condition and have great history. Those finds almost make the the Silver insignificant, Almost! Congrats on adding 3 more to the count and the pile of Wheat's. Congrats to Dan on the Seated and the Indians. Trapper
Thanks Trapper!
I don't think that little red marble is a cat-eye. Hard to tell from the dirty pic, but I think it might be one of the later American made marbles. Again can't tell from the pic, but if it's less than a half inch diameter and American made, that can push the collector value up to a dollar, even more for older, rarer marbles.
oh yeah, forgot about the red one. Yeah I always like finding the solid color ones.

Just an outstanding couple of hunts. Congrats on the silver but the tokens put it over the top. That fob could reference our hobby-rich soil less toil. lol I dug the same whiskey token last spring, The TR tokens the best. He is my favorite. HH Mrk

Back
Top Bottom