• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First trip out.

Greenriver Greg

Trying to see if I have the photo posting thing down. This was my first trip from an old farmhouse where I grew up. Oldest coin 1944 Wheatie. Sorry, back to the photo sticky.....Got it!

Attachments

• 20190128_1518142_600x480-800x640.jpg
    20190128_1518142_600x480-800x640.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:
Nice Greg !!

do you recognize and of your finds as being yours?

I'm fairly certain that most of it belonged to my little brother. My cap pistol was a Mattel Fanner 50 black finish with wood grain plastic grips, much cooler than his dinky little cap gun. lol
Also, I can neither confirm or deny that the pull ring might have belonged to me in my later teenage years. 🤔 😉

Neat Greg to be able to search areas that were in your life. Better to be able to aligned the item and the story. You first time out is a success. Congrats! Trapper

I'm fairly certain that most of it belonged to my little brother. My cap pistol was a Mattel Fanner 50 black finish with wood grain plastic grips, much cooler than his dinky little cap gun. lol
Also, I can neither confirm or deny that the pull ring might have belonged to me in my later teenage years. �� ��

NICE !!

So where is this said (Mattel Fanner 50 black finish with wood grain plastic grips) Now :?: :?:

If you no longer have it.. I am a thinking that lil bro's gun is looking pretty cool about now :laughing:

NICE !!

So where is this said (Mattel Fanner 50 black finish with wood grain plastic grips) Now :?: :?:

If you no longer have it.. I am a thinking that lil bro's gun is looking pretty cool about now :laughing:

That Fanner 50 is long gone unfortunately. It was worn out from all the gun fights with bank robbers and stage coach bandits. The powder coating gone and the grips were busted up, and that was before restoring stuff was a thing. I forgot all about such things when I laid eyes on a pretty little brown eyed girl in high school 40 years ago. Not really sure what ever became of the Fanner, last recollection I have of it was in my grandparents basement.

That Fanner 50 is long gone unfortunately. It was worn out from all the gun fights with bank robbers and stage coach bandits. The powder coating gone and the grips were busted up, and that was before restoring stuff was a thing. I forgot all about such things when I laid eyes on a pretty little brown eyed girl in high school 40 years ago. Not really sure what ever became of the Fanner, last recollection I have of it was in my grandparents basement.

Well here you go Greg Hopefully this will bring back memories

glad you made it here.. I can yell you will fit right in !

Attachments

• Matel.jpg
    Matel.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 398
I'm super happy to be here amongst such a great group of folk. Thank you for making me welcome. I'm an EMT by trade and today is our 24 he shift but when I get home in the morning I'm heading to the woods! (Only after I get honey do clearance from the little brown eyed gal of course.) The weather is supposed to be good this weekend and I'm ready to go. Good luck to everyone if you get a chance to go.

Last edited:
What a great thread.

I had to keep reading until I found out about the brown eyed girl!

An now I know 'the rest of the story'. 👍👍👍

Thank you for sharing these awesome finds and a great story with us.

What a great thread.

I had to keep reading until I found out about the brown eyed girl!

An now I know 'the rest of the story'. 👍👍👍

Thank you for sharing these awesome finds and a great story with us.

My pleasure, and glad you enjoyed it. Me and the little brown eyed girl have had a good thing going for over 40 years. The first picture is us in 78 on the Belle of Louisville cruising up the Ohio River. The second is of us last year, I got old and ugly and she's still the prettiest thing I've ever laid eyes on. Her name is Charlotte btw. :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190202-155758_Facebook_crop_800x640.jpg
    Screenshot_20190202-155758_Facebook_crop_800x640.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 245
  • Screenshot_20170806-072042-673x640.jpg
    Screenshot_20170806-072042-673x640.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 257
Back
Top Bottom