1906 Indian Head Penny

Scolino

Getting caught up with posting my finds. This was from January 20, 2019.

Found this 1906 in great shape. This penny was not dug up and found in the ground. I had a 1920’s homesite permission. We found it on the surface scattered amongst leaves at the edge of the driveway entrance. Common sense told me someone recently dropped it. I couldn’t imagine this penny sitting in place as it was for over 100 years. I even asked the home owner if she dropped it because of its close proximity and condition but she said no. In passing someone dropped it. Could speculate all day but that makes the most logical sense. Because I found this Indian head penny during my hunt I decided to share it with everyone. This has to be the nicest looking Indian head penny I ever found.

Attachments

• indian 1.JPG
    indian 1.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 164
  • indian 2.JPG
    indian 2.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 139
.........This penny was not dug up and found in the ground. I had a 1920’s homesite permission. We found it on the surface scattered amongst leaves at the edge of the driveway entrance. Common sense told me someone recently dropped it..........

Nice! It counts if you ran your coil over it! There are people who metal detect parks for surface finds. If you didn't get your coil over it, then you still found it while metal detecting.

Next to the driveway? I'll speculate it fell out of a desk drawer, or other box or furniture on someone's moving day, within the last year or so.
I will also say that's about the nicest condition you'll ever see in a found IH penny.

Back
Top Bottom