Back on the learning curve again

ColoradoMike

My wife bought me a ML Equinox. It should show in a few days this week. I can only imagine that the learning curve to get used to it will be a bit more than my AT Pro. I have been reading the 800 manual and spent some time scouring this forum and also watching whatever videos I can find. I hope at my age I can still pick up some pointers. The features of the new machine don't seem to difficult to deal with but wish me luck anyway Ladies and Gents, I'm sure to need it as I dig in.

I have some locations that I have hunted hard with the AT Pro that I plan to return to as soon as the weather turns warmer. I have found silver and old coins in these locations but I believe there may be more if my machine will see them.

Thanks to all those that have shared their knowledge and experiences on the Equinox on the forums here. A great source of information.
Mike

Its is definitely a curve, I went from at gold to equinox 600 but it does not take long to get used to the change . I still swing the at gold from time to time. I believe you will be pleased with the nox.

Coming from the Atpro and a Minelab soveriegn I can say the learning is not bad. I listen to the tones(5 tone) and watch the numbers..Thats pretty much it.

My wife bought me a ML Equinox. It should show in a few days this week. I can only imagine that the learning curve to get used to it will be a bit more than my AT Pro. I have been reading the 800 manual and spent some time scouring this forum and also watching whatever videos I can find. I hope at my age I can still pick up some pointers. The features of the new machine don't seem to difficult to deal with but wish me luck anyway Ladies and Gents, I'm sure to need it as I dig in.

I have some locations that I have hunted hard with the AT Pro that I plan to return to as soon as the weather turns warmer. I have found silver and old coins in these locations but I believe there may be more if my machine will see them.

Thanks to all those that have shared their knowledge and experiences on the Equinox on the forums here. A great source of information.
Mike

don't let the features that that don't seem to difficult to deal with fool you. I thought the same thing. wrong, wrong, wrong. I strongly suggest you get Clive Clynick's two books on the Equinox. They mostly cover the 800 but of course some things apply to the 600.

I had 3 years experience on the AT Pro before I sold it and bought my 800. If you like to study, learn and apply then you will really enjoy and eventually master your 800.

What did you wife just want to keep you busy? Nice wife. Wish mine would buy me some metal detectors. As it is I have to save my lunch money to get new metal detecting stuff.

Last edited:
It's a learning curve for sure...I went from the AT Pro to the 800 and am still working to learn it correctly.

That being said, you can also set it to park 1 or 2 (or whatever you want) and start swinging. I'm working this winter on trying to get all the settings down and figure out what will work best for me.

I just recently got the 600 it’s definitely got a learning curve but I love it already!

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

My best advice would be to turn it on, noise cancel, and ground balance and just use the stock programs for a while. Fight the urge to mess with all the settings for a while.

When talking about learning curves I think of the Deus and the V3i, those machines take some time to get a hang of.
The Equinox is a relatively simple machine that has a simple menu. The only thing that is required is putting in the time to learn the machine.
I normally get excited when I take out a new machine as I have basically no idea what is what and I tend to dig ALOT more targets. That means that something good is going to be popping out along the way.
I have a park in a nearby town that I have hunted with the following machines: Deus, AT Pro, Whites 6000Di, CTX3030, E Trac, Sorex Pro, Explorer, Multi Kruzer, Impact, and probably a few others, there is a spot in particular that is triangular and about 40 ft on each side where I have found a good number of silvers.
When I first got the Equinox I went right to this spot and dug almost everything. What I ended up with was ALOT of pull tabs that I would have easily recognized with my other machines BUT what I also ended up with is a nice Seated Liberty half dime! The first and only half dime I ever pulled from this park!
So take my advice, don't stress out just enjoy the experience and push a lot of buttons, that is the best way to learn a machine.
Happy Hunting!

The 600 is a breeze, 800 can't be that much different. Congrats and Happy Hunting.

Back
Top Bottom