Lipstick Tube Treasure

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Still cleaning finds this morning and I came across a little lipstick tube which rattles.
After breaking it open, St. Joseph popped out with baby Jesus!

I thought that was cool:D

Attachments

• 1-26-19 lipstick tube.jpg
    1-26-19 lipstick tube.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 347
  • 1-26-19 St. Joseph.jpg
    1-26-19 St. Joseph.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 292
Now that find is a real puzzler! Who would put St Joseph and a baby Jesus icon in an old lipstick tube? What a strange find! You just cant write this stuff!:laughing:

Now that find is a real puzzler! Who would put St Joseph and a baby Jesus icon in an old lipstick tube? What a strange find! You just cant write this stuff!:laughing:

Some smugglers or even kidnappers may try something like this John. You do know this world has a few odd but not to awfully strange people in it. Oh a very nice but a little odd if not strange recovery Matt. Trapper

Neat find.
Thanks
I bet it was a little girl, who got the empty tube from her mom...

Some smugglers or even kidnappers may try something like this John. You do know this world has a few odd but not to awfully strange people in it. Oh a very nice but a little odd if not strange recovery Matt. Trapper
That's what keeps this hobby so interesting:yes:

You’d be amazed at the things I’ve found in Altoona tins lol nothing this cool though.

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Was it on a home site? In the "old days" you would bury a St. Joseph statue to try to sell your home. That might be it

Well damn... I believe your the first digger I've seen pull something other that dirty wax out of a tube.... Well done, thats pretty righteous in my book

Was it on a home site? In the "old days" you would bury a St. Joseph statue to try to sell your home. That might be it

I remember my mom burying a St. Joseph statue after buying her house and then dug him up and buried him again on the next house. Maybe she was doing it wrong, because all I remember is her bitching about losing her ass on both. :laughing:

You’d be amazed at the things I’ve found in Altoona tins lol nothing this cool though.

Nox 600
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token
One of a kind for me
It is like a second hunt after your first one! Love that!
Yeah, not much else going on right now
The Catholic church frowns on this as it "holds the Saint hostage"
https://www.catholic.org/featured/headline.php?ID=5497

Pocket saints...

They come in containers like that..

Cool stuff!!!

<°)))>{
Interesting!

Cool interesting find, congrats. Never seen something like that.
A first for me as well
Well damn... I believe your the first digger I've seen pull something other that dirty wax out of a tube.... Well done, thats pretty righteous in my book
Right, usually just red goop
I remember my mom burying a St. Joseph statue after buying her house and then dug him up and buried him again on the next house. Maybe she was doing it wrong, because all I remember is her bitching about losing her ass on both. :laughing:
Upside down, facing the street when selling or some such superstition
Very cool
Thanks
Your find has turned into an interesting learning lesson. Nice!

beephead
Always so much to learn
https://www.catholic.org/featured/headline.php?ID=5497

Back
Top Bottom