AT Pro VDI cycling out of control

CarsonChris

Elite Member
Went to a park today and the VDI was cycling rapidly from iron thru all the numbers. Changed batteries, did factory reset. I thought my machine was broken. It would calm down when I pointed the coil in the air. As soon as I’d bring the coil down it would go haywire again. Checked all the wires. Same issue. Thought I was going to have to take it in for service. Nope, walked 60’ toward the tot lot and the machine went to normal. All I can surmise is underground power lines. As soon as I would get about 40’ from the road the machine would go haywire.

Park was a dud, one zinc.

Sounds like an invisible fence, were you close any houses in the park? You wouldn't have be very close because those things are very bad and yep they cycle trough VDI numbers. If I remember right mine would do a series of three different VDI's that would keep cycling over and over again. HH

One of our parks has a irrigation system. I can't get within 50 foot of the control box without having the machine go nuts.

I did some construction inspection in the park. It has high power lines running along the streets edge. I didn’t realize how much that type of power line could interfere with the machine. As a noob it was a lesson for me. If my AT pro starts going crazy I need to change location and check it again before thinking it’s broken.

Went to a park today and the VDI was cycling rapidly from iron thru all the numbers. Changed batteries, did factory reset. I thought my machine was broken. It would calm down when I pointed the coil in the air. As soon as I’d bring the coil down it would go haywire again. Checked all the wires. Same issue. Thought I was going to have to take it in for service. Nope, walked 60’ toward the tot lot and the machine went to normal. All I can surmise is underground power lines. As soon as I would get about 40’ from the road the machine would go haywire.

Park was a dud, one zinc.

Just gonna throw this out there...On the AtPro, the battery pack is held against the internal contacts by that foam on the inside of the cap...SOMETIMES that foam is not providing a firm contact, so when you point your coil at the sky, the batts are on the contacts, when you lower your coil to the ground, the batts are barely hitting the contacts...

So, just by inserting anything on top of that foam makes the problem go away, a small piece of paper folded over, a twig, piece of stryofoam off an errant coffee cup, anything that helps those batts have a good steady contact....

Back
Top Bottom