• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finally!!!!! Big and Small...

JNimons

Forum Supporter
Had about an hour after work before dark tonight to swing. I hit a small park last night that I had never been too and found a bunch of clad. Pulled in tonight and couldn't believe the amount of people in this little place. Decided to go somewhere else. As I was turning around in the back of the parking lot I saw a small section of the park that just looked old and unused. It just has THAT look. Decided to spend my hour there Instead of driving around. Glad I did....only 4 coins, but a '36 Merc, a '39 Walker, a '56 D Wheat, and a clad dime.

First decent tone of the hunt....

Then I dug the Wheat and a the clad dime. Just at dark I got a scratchy but decent signal. After finding the Merc, I was digging a lot more iffy signals. This place is loaded with old nails. I almost skipped this one as it was almost dark out and there was so much junk around it it was hard to get a repeatable signal. Glad I dug!!!

Can't wait to go back. To be honest with you I was starting to think I was doing something wrong the past 3 weeks. This was a huge confidence booster!!! HH

Super finds! You sure sound stoked to go back. Everyone needs a good find now and then to keep the interest up. Congrats.

Very nice! A merc and a walker , two of the most attractive coins produced in my opinion. Way to spot an old forgotten chunk of ground that obviously held some activity back in the day and was overlooked by the detectorists that have hunted the 40 years before you.
Love it when that happens ,
I do not find a lot of silver myself but when I do , I stop and think about how many have swung before me and that I found something others had not been able to find over the years.
Congrats on a great hunt! Dew

Really nice hunt !! It's great when you happen onto a place like that. Congrats on your big silver, Merc, and other finds.

Wow

How cool is that, a 30's merc and half dollar. Those two coins can make anyone's hunt successful. THAT LOOK, yeah, as in a great place to fish too, where you just know a big one is lurking. Congrats on an outstanding hunt.
HH everyone

It's funny. Before I even got out of the car...I had a feeling...as I was starting the machine up, l hate to say I knew I was going to find silver, but I really did have that feeling....Need to work on getting that feeling more often !

I've had that feeling. On the flip side of that silver digins the most pounded park I've ever seen, and I mean there's areas that look good and even trash has been dug out is in Southington Ct. Bet you know where that is. I mean the poster being in Beacon Falls. I was skunked so bad in Maine that in two days at a park that once had an old school house on it. I dug 63 cents clad. Another park there that's good sized along a well known river-- Two cents, not enen wheats. The last trip in November I hit the sand between rocks on the sea shore, Rockland, Little trash and A piece of ornamental brass that looks like a lamp part. I haven't touched the detector since but then of coarse its frozen out right now too. Two Lincoln cents in two different Maine hunts. I have patients but it's wearing thin lately with this hobby. I am getting that winter bug though. We were visiting in Maine so I just get to hit a couple spots in Waterville so maybe that's a hard hit area? So the original post question, Where are the old coins? You need good permissions now being its nearly 2020. When I was a kid in Prospect Ct I used to think we'd be living like the "Jetsons" in 2020!!! Never mind still out looking for coins.

One great outing John. Congrats on the Walker , the Merc and the Wheat. I love hitting the old unused looking spots. They are sometimes full of surprises. Again congrats! Trapper

Back
Top Bottom