Survey Halves, AAA Car Club Show, and more!!

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
Today's hunt started off a little rough with a denied permission at a place I already hunted once and was told I could try again. She was an older lady and when I drove up, it sort of looked like her and her daughter might have been in the middle of an argument. They were both outside, and she met me at my truck window, I said, is it alright if I hunted the side yard a little bit? she said, I don't think so... Oh well, what can ya do..

So I headed over to a house I have been looking for a while now to find someone home, and nobody was there. As I was turning around I noticed someone cleaning up tree debris at another lot where a 1950s house was just torn down. It was an older fella and I asked him.. He said I wont find much, I said you would be surprised at what is in the ground. He said he he was trying to get the place straight and doesn't need a bunch of digging, then he had a thought, and asked me how accurate my machine was and if it could find survey markers. I explaned my recovery method on coins and other targets and then said we can try to find his markers, and off we went.. We could not locate 3 of 4 markers because of a fence and a bunch of other masking debris. He mentioned if he had his pull tape, we could narrow it down better. Then he said go on and hunt, you tried to help me after all...

The first time ever, a few weeks ago, someone asked me for help finding proprty markers and then gave me the go ahead to hunt, my first hole was a WL half, well, my first hole today was silver also! A rosie, the silver half did not come till after Bob left me there to hunt the place on my own..

Other finds of the day include an old school Midgetoy car that looks badass IMO. Also dug up a 1960 Buick, which is cool because I helped my dad restore his when I was a teen. My dad sure got a kick out of me digging one up! We never even thought they ever made a toy of one. Also dug up my second Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am of the season... I'm pretty happy that all three cars have all four wheels..

Took in 6 more wheats, my second U.S. collar disk of the season, a heavy duty AAA badge, $.29 in clad, and some junk to round it out...

Before he left, Bob and I exchanged numbers and I told him to call me when he gets his tape, and we can try again on the markers. He said he was glad I stopped by and he would call me back for help. We shook hands, and I went back to hunting..

IMG_3680_zps764b172d.jpg

IMG_3681_zpsa80a7ed1.jpg

IMG_3683_zps06b66f20.jpg

IMG_3684_zps038a8ce6.jpg

IMG_3688_zpse613f6e9.jpg

Only a 40% but I'll take it and count it!

IMG_3690_zps3c5c9238.jpg

IMG_3693_zpse2e4db5a.jpg

NOTE- If anyone ever asks you to help them find survey markers, just say YES, two times and two silver halves tells me it is a good strategy!!

Thanks for looking and best of luck to all of ya!!

<*)))>{

Ha, thats great. Probably blew his mind when you showed him what you could do and what you could find in his yard. Grats on the findings.

Thanks guys, the crazy thing is, I just checked, my first half was a Kennedy, I found on 6/29, less than a month ago, it was a bicentennial, a week after that I found a Walking L! 3 in one month blows my mind!

I just thought of another post for the "odds" thread...

<*)))>{

Just last night I was asked to find another property owner's survey markers...

We'll see how this one goes...

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom