• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

today's bling...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
Whites V3i, soccer field side line, VDI-87, 2.5 inches deep
15 grams, 9.7 penny weight, onyx stones, stamped 925 (mexico) I guess a mexican lost it :?:

<--- video

BLING!

100_1316.jpg

100_1313.jpg

wish it were gold
imagesCAIJZKN4.jpg
the onyx is broken and there is an inscription followed by 3 numbers (911) if you look close you can see the 11. I'm not showing the rest and I will have it destroyed.

I took it to my girl at Jared and she weighed it for me and said the inscription will not lead to an owner, so that means it ends with me. I will make this ring my first melt because it creeps me a little and I won't wear it. Chief say's it's so big he can't even wear it :rofl: What do you think the melt will bring?

the Nike dryfit large also made in mexico was a nice find too :lol:

SamFisher you find some of the coolest Nest pictures I have never seen :lol: I will save this as its got real McMurphy character and style... thanks

I hear you friend...

Wow fantastic ring!

Maybe it's just not clear what the intent was here by the owner, I'm a fan of Ghost Whisperer the series and if you noticed after I pulled this from the ground I said "I hated it". Later I thought to myself why would you say that on your video, this is your best ring find to date, you can't hate it :?:

Well I do hate it, and I will destroy it as soon as I read how you guys melt stuff. People do strange things and I really don't know if this ring celebrates 9-11 or remembers it. But I will trust my first impression in that video because my whole life I've paid attention to whispers and gut feelings.

I don't like this ring
untitled.jpg
try again tomorrow :lol:

Ok...Just smash it repeatedly with a hammer or send it to a member for melt. I'll but it off of you for $1 over melt. :)

SamFisher you find some of the coolest Nest pictures I have never seen :lol: I will save this as its got real McMurphy character and style... thanks

No problem! Love Jack ... early Jack ... Few Good Men was his last great performance (That I can think of). What I need to know is how you put text in between your pictures here.

VERY NICE JOB ON THE BLING!

Here's a good link for silver and gold melt values. Just plug in the weight and purity and it uses the latest spot price to tell you the worth of your gold or silver.

http://dendritics.com/scales/metal-calc.asp

Looks like $18 something for the ring.

Thanks bud... I need to see how you guys get cash for your gold and silver anyway. I hear there are some rules, you know how poorly I can be at rules so I better get started screwing up because someday, surely someday there must be a decent gold ring to be found around these parts :yes:

SamFisher... you are a good man

now it's time for my beer and "cegar" as Ozark Detector would say. I wish he had not changed his avitar, that was a purdy kool avitar.

Mexican Silver...

Update, Ok here is the deal with Mexican silver and you have to forgive me for my ignorance about jewlery but I better learn fast because I just about destroyed signature art. There is nothing evil or written in code on the ring about 9-11. These are signatures by the maker although the theme may be 9-11. Mexican silver pieces apparently have artists just like painters and the ring has value to collectors. So I will keep it and place it in my collection as one of the more valueable finds or perhaps sell it on e-bay since that's where I see signature Mexican jewlery sold as art.

If you see big rings with weird stamps and engravings and signatures from Mexico you have a piece of artwork. Special thanks to someone for setting me straight.

jackchief.jpg
Chief say... you big noob, always check e-bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MEN...344?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53d2800328 and this one is not even a signature piece and doesnt mention an artist.

Back
Top Bottom