Equinox 800 Price

SilverSurfer74

Ive been looking at the Equinox 800, but I dont need all the accessories that come with it. Must I buy the whole package or is there places that sale the detector and headphones only, for a better price. Thanks for any help

Hey there’s an epic contest going on right now on this forum and you can win it (800) if ya play by the rules. Just look under sub forum member contests!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been looking at the Equinox 800, but I dont need all the accessories that come with it. Must I buy the whole package or is there places that sale the detector and headphones only, for a better price. Thanks for any help

You want the best price?

1, pick up the phone.
2. Call some FMDF Sponsors.
3. Tell them you saw it here and you don't need the extras.
4. Relish in your savings.

I believe you'll be forced to buy the entire package if it's retail new, or if an owner of the package deal sells off parts and re-prices just the core system. I agree, I personally don't feel the need for the WM08, which certainly adds a modest cost factor.

Today? It is what it is.

Those online dealers put those packages together. The manufacturer tells them what the minimum price they can advertise an item. However if you talk to the dealer you will get the real price. Usually less than the MMAP. CALL the dealer. In fact call more than one.

Most of the sponsors will give 15% off if you are military or former military. If you aren't, Jeff has great deals. (734) 624-8462

The Military Discount is kind of a mystery. Some dealers say that it can only be used once a year, others say once in a lifetime (hopefully you don't want to own more than one Minelab unit), while still others refuse to accept it. Unfortunately, Minelab has chosen to leave this issue quite vague, and don't mention any restrictions, etc. It would be nice to have a clarification from Minelab.

Agree, Jeff is a great guy to deal with as is Jerry at Antique Detecors, and most all of the sponsors on this forum..

The Military Discount is kind of a mystery. Some dealers say that it can only be used once a year, others say once in a lifetime (hopefully you don't want to own more than one Minelab unit), while still others refuse to accept it. Unfortunately, Minelab has chosen to leave this issue quite vague, and don't mention any restrictions, etc. It would be nice to have a clarification from Minelab.

Agree, Jeff is a great guy to deal with as is Jerry at Antique Detecors, and most all of the sponsors on this forum..

Here's clarification! IMHO: The Military Discount may just be nothing more than a marketing scheme. I supposedly got a military discount, which required me to send my DD 214 to the dealer. I recently found out that a NEW 800 can be bought for around $749, WITHOUT a military discount! I paid $769 for mine, WITH a military discount. The MSRP hasn't changed, so what's up with that SPONSORS? Needless to say, this hasn't set well with me and if I had it to do all over again I would have purchased an AT Pro MAX or something else.

Last edited:
Now, lets hear everything I'm doing wrong and that I just don't know how to run the machine. Oh, and of course "just send the detector back and they'll fix it".

You won't hear any advice from me. You obviously have everything figured out.

Happy hunting!

...believe my 800 is highly over rated. I dug nothing but ferrous junk today, with target ID's well above ferrous range (and nothing else near the target)....plus the depth indicator is almost always showing 8+ inches on every target (most were at 3 inches or less). ..... I might as well run it in all metal mode and dig everything, TID is a joke

I had an early model and found basicly the same thing. I tried factory presets, lowered sensitivity, ground balanced etc. I always wondered if i had a bad unit but have heard stories like this more than once. Most users love them. Of course some upgraded from poor units but others from nice machines. If you don’t want to send it in then maybe you can find someone else with one and compare or see if they’re doing something different. Let us know i’m curious.

I had an early model and found basicly the same thing. I tried factory presets, lowered sensitivity, ground balanced etc. I always wondered if i had a bad unit but have heard stories like this more than once. Most users love them. Of course some upgraded from poor units but others from nice machines. If you don’t want to send it in then maybe you can find someone else with one and compare or see if they’re doing something different. Let us know i’m curious.

Thank you MuddyMo, for some real input. Please PM me, so I don't rob this thread. I do feel my 800 price opinion is relevant though....Thanks! I'll contact my dealer first and go from there. Again all, I didn't mean to appear to rob this thread and I apologize, I have edited out my 800 rant.....sorry!

Medichief...I wasn’t privy to the entire original post of yours but I’m assuming it has to do with an update? The current version is 1:7:5. Apparently the correct way to install this update on a “first version” machine is.....
1) Factory reset the machine
2) Install update
3) Factory reset AGAIN with the new update installed
I’m hearing and seeing that if it isn’t done this way,things are out of whack. I just got an 800 with the latest software already installed,so I’m good to go.
FWIW....I paid 749.00 for my 800 with no discounts or anything,straight up price delivered to my door. It is becoming a well known thing that the whole “military discount” may well be an absolute and complete load of you know what,and those poor folks are actually paying 20.00 MORE than some deadbeat off the street. I initially called a large well known dealer and they quoted me 80.00 more than I actually paid. Everybody has their price,and I have mine. Screw me once,I walk funny for awhile. But it’ll never happen again.

Wow, that’s the lowest price I have heard for a new Nox 800.

Anyone wanting to know where I got the deal can PM me as long as it’s OK with the mods. Just want to send the business to where I think it’s deserved...and don’t worry,there’s a million other people out there who will buy from the other places....just because.

Back
Top Bottom