Saturday and Sunday searches.....

bodkin

Elite Member
Hello all.

I had full intention of a bit of detecting over the weekend and although Saturday afternoon was quite damp, I ventured into the mist and mizzle, my vision clouded with blind optimism. "What am I doing?" I asked myself on several occasions as a film of mud covered all that was was handled. To be honest, there is a little field at the end of the lane that I hoped would have at least some Victorian silver alurkin' below. So, with horses on vacation, and feeling in a most expeditious mood, I embraced this fine opportunity with relish!

The weather persisted, but so did I. I couldn't say who was the most stubborn as the drizzle turned to short, light rain showers. Seeking refuge in a disused stable when forced, I managed about 2 1/2 hours which saw most of the pasture searched.

The precipitation of the preceding day had passed over come Sunday afternoon so I loaded up the car and headed to a local, new field just bought by new owners. I happened to see someone in there so stopped and asked. I was able to do about 2 hours here but spent more time playing with the little Shetland ponies. The brown one is called Peanut and is more like a dog the a pony. He came running up to meet me, sniffed everything then followed me everywhere. This youngster would make a superb detecting buddy! So friendly, gentle and characterful, very interested in what has been dug and is fascinated with my Propointer. Even Mr fox enjoyed the Sun!

Sorry I failed dismally on the silver front but hope that a little pony's nose can 'moor' that make up for that.

Many thanks,

b.

(The first four pics are of Saturday's search......)

Attachments

• rsz_dscf5688.jpg
    rsz_dscf5688.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 339
  • rsz_dscf5689.jpg
    rsz_dscf5689.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 348
  • rsz_dscf5690.jpg
    rsz_dscf5690.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 339
  • rsz_dscf5691.jpg
    rsz_dscf5691.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 319
  • rsz_dscf5692.jpg
    rsz_dscf5692.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 336
  • rsz_dscf5693_1.jpg
    rsz_dscf5693_1.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 321
  • rsz_dscf5678.jpg
    rsz_dscf5678.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 306
  • rsz_dscf5684.jpg
    rsz_dscf5684.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 334
  • rsz_dscf5683.jpg
    rsz_dscf5683.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 327
  • rsz_dscf5687.jpg
    rsz_dscf5687.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 309
Errrr..... OK..... Maybe an introduction? :laughing: It has a lovely nature and tugs at your jacket. It just wants to play I'm sure.

Growing up I had a mean pony named Windsor. One day when my back was turned she bit my shoulder. 30 years later I still have a nasty scar. It hurt like heck.

Deus Rules!!

Great pic's of the finds from both in the ground and those above the ground. A reflection of history along with a bit of curiosity. Congrats! Trapper

I love finding old stuff like that. Love the flat buttons. That 22-250 looks like some one was hunting fox or woodchucks aka groundhog's.

I love finding old stuff like that. Love the flat buttons. That 22-250 looks like some one was hunting fox or woodchucks aka groundhog's.

There are plenty of old buttons to be had here. I wasn't sure what it was used for so asked on Friendly for help with an I.D, Yep, for hunting the smaller animal...... Sadly, we don't have groundhogs here - or raccoons, which just isn't fair! They look like a whole lot of fun!!

Back
Top Bottom