Lost My Stuff Group

Hey everybody --

I just wanted to let you all know our Group achieved what I consider to be a major milestone this week -- We've now found over 100 lost items for people since we started the Group back in 2010!!!

As of today we're up to 1250 members in 13 countries, we've been on both the ABC & CBS news, and we've even been the subject of an article in Lost Treasure Magazine!!!

A big "Hooray" goes to all you members for being willing to help others for FREE !!!

Lost My Stuff Group Business Cards !!!

About a month ago I received an email from one of our members showing me how they had added "www.lostmystuff.net" to their Metal Detectorist Business Cards. It looked really good, and reminded me I really do need to get a card design developed and finalized so all the members who wanted them could have cards to hand out identifying them as Lost My Stuff Group members.

Since it worked so well on the T-Shirts, I'm inviting everyone with an idea of how they think our cards should look to send in a design. The only requirements the design team (Inge, Steven, Charlie, Tommy, Barnes & Buford) and I have is that our Group Name -- "The Lost My Stuff Group -- Group logo -- "We help find lost stuff for FREE !!!" -- and Group website address -- "www.lostmystuff.net" -- be on the card.

We'll be looking forward to seeing your ideas!!!

Yep -- It was definitely an interesting morning on Wednesday!!!

The Lost My Stuff software is set up such that on the 1st of each month a copy of the latest Monthly Status Report is automatically sent to each member. On Wednesday morning (August 1st) it did that just fine... but unfortunately, it had a database burp and wasn't managing to remember that it had sent the report out, so it just kept on sending it over & over & over.

When I was notified about the issue the situation was stopped, but by then I believe it had sent 28 copies of the report to each member (~37000 emails!).

Sorry about that !!!

Anyways, the Design Team (Inge, Steven, Charlie, Tommy, Barnes & Buford) have fixed the issue, and we'll for sure be watching it closely come September 1st, making sure all is truly a-ok.

FYI --- I received about 80-100 emails about the situation and once things calmed down a bit I believe I replied to every one, explaining what had happened. I also sent an email to everyone in the Group to announce what had happened and to apologize for the hassle. In the end about 20 people unsubscribed from the Group, I guess that's only to be expected...

fogcity

Hey there all --

Just wanted to let you know that the Lost My Stuff Group is still alive and well.

We now have over 2800 members, have searched for 1092 items that have been reported to us and have found 614 of them!

Hope you all are doing a-ok !!!

fogcity

Back
Top Bottom