• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Negative 6?

CarsonChris

Elite Member
Current temperature where I’m going today. Will the AT pro still work? There’s a huge sledding hill that I want to hit if I can get permission.

Current temperature where I’m going today. Will the AT pro still work? There’s a huge sledding hill that I want to hit if I can get permission.

"Magic 8 Ball, Should I go metal detecting a snow hill in minus 6 degrees fahrenheit with an AtPro..I wanna find buckles and zipper tabs and maybe some clad!"

Magic 8 Ball answer..."Have you lost your mind completely?":laughing:

(Let us know what you find CC!):laughing:

Well, lets just ask the Forum Magic 8 Ball! "Magic 8 Ball, Should I go metal detecting a snow hill in minus 6 degrees fahrenheit with an AtPro?"

answer..."Have you lost your mind completely?":laughing:

I work in this stuff, 800 gram thinsulate boots, thermal underwear, and fleece lined jeans. I will have to roll the window down so I won’t sweat!

I work in this stuff, 800 gram thinsulate boots, thermal underwear, and fleece lined jeans. I will have to roll the window down so I won’t sweat!

I'm not worried about YOU! You gotta think about your poor AtPro and sub Z plastic brittleness/batt issues! So yeah, you put a Hothands packet into a sock and pull it over the brain box, so that will keep the batts running...then wrap the shaft and coil in a quilt of somesort...an electric blanket if you have one...

Also, in sub Z's, a guy has to properly plan for beer hydration...theres nothing worse than popping a can and having it all bubble out into some sort of instant ice slush...so yeah, you can put individual cans of beer into socks with those Hothand packs as we discussed...:laughing:

Don't forget the blow torch for the ground. Good luck HH Mark

It’s the targets floating in the snow. I hunt with a brick hammer to chip the snow and ice away from the target. I will be 3-4’ above the ground. Everything I’ve found is usually within six inches of the surface.

It was a balmy 22 by the time I started looking. Spent an hour trying to find a lost wedding ring in knee high snow. Wrapped the coil in a heavy duty garbage bag and that worked great to keep the snow from building up. No luck. Think that gentleman might have dropped the ring somewhere else or it’s near to some items that were giving interference.

Back
Top Bottom