Return Hunt To An 1870s Idaho Gold Mining Ghost Town

JaMoSo82

Elite Member
Last year I entered a youtube contest and won a spot to hunt at a privately-owned ghost town in Idaho- hosted by Spud Diggers channel- where I found an actual 1870s single shot pistol and other amazing stuff. I ended up winning the best find out of the 30 or so people that were there and getting a certificate for 50% off any First Texas product. Recently, I used that certificate a few weeks ago to get myself a Teknetics T2 LTD, which arrived the on May 27th.

A few days later, I took the T2 for its inaugural run on a return weekend hunt at the same place. I ended up finding an incredibly rare trade token and a beautiful silver-plated fork, amongst many other fantastic relics, and winning best find again!

Here is the link to my video that I just posted. I hope you enjoy it. If you do, please subscribe to my channel (Tough Run Metal Detecting) and leave me a comment! You can also find and like my facebook page at the link below. Thanks for watching!

https://youtu.be/fosqv7svDLI

https://www.facebook.com/toughrunmetaldetecting/

Oldest coin dug- 1927 wheatie.

I've hunted there with spud Digger several times. It's a tough place to hunt. I found a gold ring and a seated dime there but the iron trash wore me out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I've hunted there with spud Digger several times. It's a tough place to hunt. I found a gold ring and a seated dime there but the iron trash wore me out.

Name to a "face"? :-) Tin and iron everywhere make it a very tough place to hunt. I went back again in August and found some more neat stuff including a complete capgun. Rob found a chinese coin and so did Joe another friend. I hunted the hill up until about 11:30pm the last night where they found em but to no avail. Still want to find at least one.

I vaguely remember them telling me about someone else finding another gold ring before. Thanks for commenting. I'll follow you on here. You can find me on fb and at the YT link above if you want to follow any more adventures. I hope to get back up there again this year some time.

Oldest coin dug- 1918 SLQ

What up Ernest! Congrats on finding gold and silver out there. One of these days maybe I'll catch you out with Okie one of these times :-)

Oldest coin dug- 1918 SLQ

I found a beautiful 1928 walker half yesterday.
6e99dee1eb5c25011c2736e53856b36c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom