Great Hunt for Me...Hit the 1800s Again!

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Around here finding anything earlier than 1900 is SUPER tough! But with a little patience and perseverance it can be found. I hunted another portion of the little town I have been hunting lately and didn't find much other than a couple of Wheaties so I decided to circle back to a house that has been VERY VERY good to me in the past few hunts (Barbers, IHPs, etc.).

Once again I went very slow and listened for all the high tones and targeted the low tone/nickel signals. After finding a few Wheaties that I thought were IHPs, got a low tone, nickel clearly on the CTX, out popped the wreath and 'V' of a 1891 V Nickel:shock:. Very happy because Kevin had popped one of them a few days back and I was determined to match him:D

Anyway, a few minutes after the V Nickel I pulled the 1943D Merc. 6 total Wheaties, the oldest being 1940. Kind of all over the board date wise.

HH and GL.

Happy

Attachments

• 1_29 Finds V Nickel 1891.jpg
    1_29 Finds V Nickel 1891.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 260
Great hunt! I've yet to pull any nickels older than a buffalo, so I'm anxious for my first. I'm sure I may have passed over some thinking they were pull-tabs. I'll be paying more attention to those in the future.

Great hunt! I've yet to pull any nickels older than a buffalo, so I'm anxious for my first. I'm sure I may have passed over some thinking they were pull-tabs. I'll be paying more attention to those in the future.

I find the older nickels bounce from 12-12 to 12-18 on the CTX

Back
Top Bottom