Brand new AT Pro question

Thanks all for the excellent input. And yes, I was using Iron Audio as well when I got a signal, and listened for the low high low tones. I will keep at it! Going to go a couple days this week hopefully!

I learned while hunting this very trashy park:

1) There are so many bottle caps under the grass it's hard to believe
2) The AT Pro pretty much chatters all the time as you scan
3) You have to listen for the loud and clear high tones (when I found the quarter the machine really made a nice, loud, clear and clean tone, same for the 3 dimes I uncovered)

Does that sound about right? Thanks!

Yes, that's about right. The audio sounds less "chattery" and smoother if you turn the iron discrimination down. I find the clipped tones of having the iron descrim between 20 and 30 to be especially annoying. I'd rather have it lower or higher and toggle on and off iron audio. I remind myself to only turn the headphones up as much as necessary to hear the quietest tone. Blasting all of those tones through headphones for hours on end is terrible for your hearing.

To be clear, if you aren't moving the detector it shouldn't be making any noise. If it is chattering from electromagnetic interference when it is motionless, then reduce sensitivity.

Back
Top Bottom