Two More Silvers Found Today

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Today I went on a hunt with member "Gquinzi." We detected on an old park and focused mainly on the trashy picnic table areas.

I used my new 6" NOX coil and recovered about $5.00 in coinage with a pair of Mercury dimes, couple of wheaties and a cheapo ring. The 1941 was nearby a chain-link fence about 2" deep and the 1942 was about 3" deep in a tall grass area. Both were in very close proximity of pull tabs and crown bottle caps.

In short, I am very impressed on how well this coil performs in these somewhat challenging locations.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Attachments

• Coins Silver 08152018 002.jpg
    Coins Silver 08152018 002.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 444
  • Coins Silver 08152018 003.jpg
    Coins Silver 08152018 003.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 432
  • Coins Silver 08152018 001.jpg
    Coins Silver 08152018 001.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 425
Last edited:
Dang nice work! I tend to stay away from the picnic tables due to all the trash, but they can produce. You did some nice hunting there!

Had an excellent time hunting with you today. We gotta get back out there soon so I can try my new 800 ;-) Congrats again on those amazing silvers buddy!

SNIPER! Those trashy spots can hold a lot of coins that require special equipment to pick them out. Sounds like that coil on the EQNX is some good special equipment. Nice!

Great finds and field report JAK! Tight to the chain link fences...Thats important realestate...usually a guy only gets to hunt that dirt when the fences are ripped out and replaced maybe once every 30yrs...Impressed!...

Thank you!

Man, you're killing it with that 6" coil!

Thanks NCtoad! It was a good investment for this machine.

Dang nice work! I tend to stay away from the picnic tables due to all the trash, but they can produce. You did some nice hunting there!

Thanks GroundSweeper! We purposely went to this trashy park just to see how well this new coil would do...and it did not disappoint. Gquinzi had the ATP Pro and it sounded like the 4th of July from the trash and EMIs in the ground. PS. He getting an 800 today...

Nice Silver Mercs and a good clad total!

Thanks Lovetheshine! When I found the ring I was surprised. An hour later, the first silver. Two hours later another silver. The excitement was overwhelming especially from this site.

Great going ! Those are some sweet looking Mercs !

Thanks Soil Surgeon! Three silvers in two days, I am very pleased and grateful.

Keep up the great work! Looks like that 6” coil is working!

Thanks WyoTom! It is working or its just pure luck. In any case, I will take either or as long as I keep finding the goodies.

hey thats a great hunt. Congrats on the silver. Nothing beats going slow with a nice small coil.

Thanks Saltshaker! When I found those two merc, I grid out the area, but found no more were found in the immediate area.

Had an excellent time hunting with you today. We gotta get back out there soon so I can try my new 800 ;-) Congrats again on those amazing silvers buddy!

Thanks Gquinzi! You did very well on the hunt too. And thanks for joining me on the hunt. But now that you are getting your brand new NOX 800 delivered today, one thing I ask. When you now hunt at our regular sites, can you at least leave me some of the goodies for me to find? :)

Nice report and finds.
Another Nox success story.

Thanks tnsharpshooter! Your assistance is the true another success story...

I love finding Mercs. Nice job on weeding those out. :)

Thanks REAL_RAT_FINK! You said it right, weeding them out. And there were a LOT of weeds.

Nice saves

Thanks pick! I was thrilled just to find one, but two, I was even more so.

SNIPER! Those trashy spots can hold a lot of coins that require special equipment to pick them out. Sounds like that coil on the EQNX is some good special equipment. Nice!

Thanks Foragist! Your are right. I could go on and on about how picked over this very old park is, but with the right equipment and some luck I came home very pleased.

What a great haul! Good job and thanks for sharing.

Thanks Dirty Nails! I wish it could be more often that I find the silver, but I am just a glad when I find a few pieces of clad too.

Great finds and field report JAK! Tight to the chain link fences...Thats important realestate...usually a guy only gets to hunt that dirt when the fences are ripped out and replaced maybe once every 30yrs...Impressed!...

Thanks Mud-puppy! I been on a hot roll with this new coil combo, I am enjoying it while it lasts. As you said, much of the good real estate is next to those fences. One other point I feel helped me, I was in a very strong EMI area, Gquinzi who was hunting with me with his ATP had to leave the immediate area because his rig was sounding like a HS band practice session. I was thinking the same thing, when will they be replacing those 8' swimming pool fences.

A really nice haul, congrats on the goodies!

Thanks cellrdwellr! I don't find silver that often, but as of late, I am trying to catch up with you guys.

Last edited:
Thank you!

Nice silvers! Congrats!

Thanks Vermonster! Those silvers sure made my day.

That coil is really becoming a necessity. Congrats JAK on adding the Merc's and a nice clad haul. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! I was thinking, perhaps next time if I were to use a bigger coil, maybe I will find bigger silver...lol. Any coin is always welcomed by me.

Back
Top Bottom