My oldest find since I started detecting

always cool to find something that you didn't know had found while going through your finds.every once in awhile i might find a silver rosie mixed in.

Great oldie. Detected a little bit at the Sheepfold in Stoneham
With Gorgar. We weren't that fortunate. Had to
watch out for the doggie land mines. Did manage a decent
1740 king George out of one of the parks there though.
While detecting the Sheepfold some hiker
told me there was an old silver mine up there.
Haven't confirmed it yet. Ever hear about it ?

The day I fould this coin I hunted Sheepfold in Stohnham and then went across the highway to the reservation across from the pumping station. You know...I could have picked it up in Sheepfold. Wish I noticed when it came out of the ground.. Never heard about a mine.

Congrats on the find. That is a nice coin. My oldest coin so far is a 1900 Indian Head. Keep up the good work. If you ever get a value for it make sure to let me know. Thanks.

The sad part about this is that when I found it I thought it was a dirty Clad quarter. Found in the Stoneham Mass woods, not sure exactly where? Anyway, The next morning I was cleaning out the trash and coins in my pouch and began stacking up the clad...all dimes, all nickles etc. That's when I noticed that one of the quarters was thicker than the rest. When I took a closer look, nearly had a stroke!!! Not in too bad a shape for a 295 year old coin. My oldest yipee.. What makes this hobby so much fun

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Back
Top Bottom