Do Diamonds and Gold Plate Ever Travel in The Same Circles ?

roadrunner_426

Elite Member
In my personal experience , the answer is " absolutely not "..but maybe another forum member knows something I don't..found a ring last week at my favorite schoolyard ( 752 coins and 5 rings since July )...beautiful stone but badly tarnished band which I believe was gold plated..dismissed it as another junk find and still 99.9 % sure that's what it is...have it sitting on a table in the living room and noticed tonight how the stone reflects the light spectrum colors clear across the room..I've found two real diamond rings before and neither sparkled any better than this thing...so just thought I'd ask.. HH Roadrunner_426

You probably have a CZ prism cut... sparkles more than the real thing... take a real diamond and look at it with a loop and you will see minute particles of carbon inbedded in them... CZ's and glass will be clear. better yet invest in a gem tester if you feel you are going to find a lot of jewelry. I have one and love it. they range in price from around a 100 on up, mine was under 200 but it not only tests for diamonds but for most genstones.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/Cfmct/P1010479.jpg

I dont think they ever combine those 2. In my silversmithing experience I have never seen it nor have I read of anyone ( responsible) reporting one. No doubt a CZ like CF posted, Steve i nso az

I know how you feel. I've found several pieces of jewelry I just thought was far too shinny to be fake, and some hit by lawn mowers that I could never tell if they were the real McCoy.

I have yet to try it but I've been told if you put it in water and can see it. it's fake.

Back
Top Bottom