Blink-Blink and a Bonk

Jason

Elite Member
One day I was using the Prizm III and on a sweep in I hit a target. In one direction I got the (good) "Blink-Blink" sound, but when I sweeped in the other direction I got the (bad - iron/junk) "Bonk". It showed at about 8" so I didn't bother digging it. Was it really junk? Has anyone else had a sweep reation like this?

On occasion I have had the same with my T2. Some I find nothing but junk and other times I've found a coin and iron (masking). Typically I dig these types of hits because of the area I'm searching for old coins. Sometimes you get lucky but for the most it's a bust.

You should test a few of these to see what they really are. Many machines (Fisher CZ 6a for instance) give a more accurate I.D. when swept in one direction. You should check every new detector to see if it does this then use the most accurate direction of sweep as the I.D.ing one.

I use a minelab an if I get a good signal an a bad 1 together I always dig an most times its a good target laying next to junk.I have dug coins with a pull tab or bottle cap in the same hole. if you get a good sound in 1 direction an a bad in the other it could be because you are going over 1 target first then the other target.

If I understand correctly, the prizm and ace 250 are very similar in operation. With my Ace, I "pin point" the general area. What I have found sometimes is that there are a couple of high pitches in the same area. I have found that this tells me that there are more than one target and I dig...

Good Luck,

DMan

seas1to2 said:
I use a minelab an if I get a good signal an a bad 1 together I always dig an most times its a good target laying next to junk.I have dug coins with a pull tab or bottle cap in the same hole. if you get a good sound in 1 direction an a bad in the other it could be because you are going over 1 target first then the other target.

That makes sence now. Or, could it have been a coin on edge?

It could have. I have both the Prizm III and the 250. I use my Prizm III all the time and find that if I get that kind of sound, it could be a token, or a heavy piece of iron. It's been both for me. So dig, boy, dig!

Scarlett aka Scrltt641

Back
Top Bottom