• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

whites classic id/proscan 800 question

thunter

Any tips on this machine? I know it is a lower end machine, i didn't want to spend the big bucks to start with.

Wil i miss a lot with this?

I'll admit, the few times I have been out, I haven't found much at all. Pennies and pull tabs and batteries.

will adding a better coil help?

whites makes very good products keep trying small coils large coils they all have advantages and disadvantages dig everything dont be lazy you will be surprised happy hunting bowser

Its really a high end machine on the right sites but most don't know it. Excellent in high iron sites and equals/betters many of the Tesoro range that most would use for that type of site.
Rather than go up a coil size (which increases target masking with all machines) look round for a 4 or 6 inch coil and you will beat most machines in heavy trash.
Freq. leave at pre set. Sensitivity get as high as possible whilst retaining stability. Always give priority to the audio to I.D. a good signal. Then refer to the meter. If the meter reading is iffy (ghost flash/jumping etc) increase your sweep speed. If the problem gets worse the target should be trash.
You can get double blips with surface and near surface coins that a begineer could mistake for the double blip some iron produces. So with a loud double blip raise the coil an inch or two and re sweep. The coin will then correctly audio I.D.
If you find the all metal audio to loud it can be adjusted down. You have to open the control box and select all metal then adjust the VR 4 trimmer to get a nice low threshold. (thanks to Monte for the trimmer number). Don't touch anything else.
Re pulltabs. Everyone digs them. If they don't they are missing a rake of good finds.

Wow brian, thanks, that was super helpful! i have indeed ran into both those situations, the "ghosting" and " double beeps". Your advice shoudl prove invaluable, I appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom