The nox a silver dime and modern pulltab in 5khz.....

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
After watching Calabash's video talking about VDI #s, I did a little experimenting with my nox. One test surprised me. I put a silver dime about a half inch from a modern pulltab. The pulltab alone reads a solid 14 in park 2, multi freq., reaction speed 7, IB 0. I had the sense set low at 15 because I did this on my basement floor which doesn't have any metal in it. When I put the dime, like I said above, about a half inch from the tab the VDI goes up to a solid 15...you'd never know the dime was there. I changed the frequency to 5khz and boom, solid 25 from any direction. Even in 10 khz it gave a decent high number, but not as solid as 5khz. Don't know if anyone's mentioned this before, but hopefully it'll help in parks loaded with tabs.

After watching Calabash's video talking about VDI #s, I did a little experimenting with my nox. One test surprised me. I put a silver dime about a half inch from a modern pulltab. The pulltab alone reads a solid 14 in park 2, multi freq., reaction speed 7, IB 0. I had the sense set low at 15 because I did this on my basement floor which doesn't have any metal in it. When I put the dime, like I said above, about a half inch from the tab the VDI goes up to a solid 15...you'd never know the dime was there. I changed the frequency to 5khz and boom, solid 25 from any direction. Even in 10 khz it gave a decent high number, but not as solid as 5khz. Don't know if anyone's mentioned this before, but hopefully it'll help in parks loaded with tabs.

Yes I commented on this.
See this thread post#216.
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=256654&page=11

One thing though.
Bottle caps will sound off. Any targets acquired using 5khz and reading 30 plus on meter for ID, toggle to multi freq and check, if the target takes a monster dive with ID number= likely bottle cap.

Around stadiums, concession stands, running 5khz with say speed 7 can be very beneficial. (800 model) or speed 6.

Thanks for sharing NC Toad.

Yeah 5khz single makes all kind of trash sound really good. The key is to switch back and forth to check the target. Sometimes the process is reversed , and the 5 is less effective instead of better at hitting the coin. Atleast for me , using the 600.

Back
Top Bottom