prizm III pinpointing trouble

digman

does any body know proper pinpointing for the prizm line????
Very rarely is my target where it says it is making digging very difficult
some of my hole resemble a small quarry any ideas thanx Bob

I have a prizm 5 but I would think that the pinpointing is the same. I have the larger open center coil, and it pinpoints nearly perfect right smack dab in the center of the coil.

Watch the display..I've found that it will indicate very deep targets that are relatively large with the 50 cent indicator and 2 inches deep. I found a metal piece at 15". Just kept digging and digging and I eventually found it.

A handheld pinpointer is really helpful too. I usually lift up the turf, scoop a little dirt out, then hand pinpoint and its usually pretty much right there.

You might also try practicing at home using a piece of cardboard and taping a coin on the back side. Mark each pinpoint and compare it with the position of the coin. Also try turning 90 degrees to the target to see if the target changes. This can also tell you something of the size/shape of the target. Good luck

I'd go along with Terry on this one. If that doesn't help then you may have a problem with the detector. The Prizm's should be pretty close to dead in the center.

I just hit the P/P button and make an "x" pattern. It took me a while at practicing. The trouble is doing it with a solid coil and keeping my eyes locked at the center.

Back
Top Bottom