CTX-3030... Still Confused (headphones)

Ra1der5

Athletic Supporter
Forum Supporter
I still don't understand why some headphones silence the external speaker on the CTX and others don't. All of my headphones silence the external speaker on my Sovereign, but the only ones that silence it on the CTX is the Koss UR-30. So if it's wiring inside the plug, shouldn't the all work the same on all machines?

The only other thing I can think of is, all my headphones for the Sovereign use a 90 degree plug. Maybe it's not reaching deep enough into the socket for the CTX?

R5

I still don't understand why some headphones silence the external speaker on the CTX and others don't. All of my headphones silence the external speaker on my Sovereign, but the only ones that silence it on the CTX is the Koss UR-30. So if it's wiring inside the plug, shouldn't the all work the same on all machines?

The only other thing I can think of is, all my headphones for the Sovereign use a 90 degree plug. Maybe it's not reaching deep enough into the socket for the CTX?

R5
You can buy a 1/4 " stereo to mono adapter and use the headphones that didn't shut the external speaker off.

Whoa... dude! I've never seen that link. It explains a lot... also why the volume is lower on some headphones. Thank you!

Score yourself ten bonus points. Do not pass GO! Do not collect $200. :D

Raider Regards,

R5

Lol
Good ole monopoly.

Your question has come up here and other places before.

Back
Top Bottom