CTX 17" coil pinpointing tips?

CoinRex

Okay so I bought the 17 inch coil for my CTX a couple of weeks ago and I have several hunts under my belt with it already. I never really had trouble pinpointing with it until the last couple of hunts..... don't know what I'm doing wrong or if maybe big iron is also under the coil with a good target, but it seems like my last two hunts I'm having a hell of a time pinpointing the targets, having to dig multiple holes. Have had a couple of deep good sounding targets and I never could find them.....yeah, it probably was deep iron but I wanted to see if any of you guys with more experience with this coil had any tips. Thanks, HH.

Someone will come along with help shortly.
I will offer that if you are trying to use that big coil in even moderate trash you will have problems. It just sees to much ground and trying to seperat a good target from a bad one is going to be tough. What happens a lot of the time is when the edge or either end of the coil may actually be hitting your desired target and when you try to pinpoint you are actuall hitting another target.
Big coil and trash = flustration

Shoot if it is very trash even the 11" can be a pain.

I use the 17" coil a lot and I pin point easily with it. I'll i do is pin point one direction the I turn 90 degrees pinpoint again then go back the other direction one more time and it's always dead on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom