Tesoro Vaquero Tips

Geardaddy

I am currently hunting a house built in 1913. I'm not finding much and I suspect it's because the coins are pretty deep. I did find an indian head penny, it was pretty deep and I almost went over it because the signal wasn't very good, or repeating.

Just wondering if any Vaquero users have any help in getting down to those deep signals.

Thanks in advance!

tell us more.

I will try to help but need more info. How long have you had your Vaquero ? Are you good at keeping it G.B.ed ? How do you run the decrim ? Sensitivity ? I hunted with a Vaq today. I have many detectors. Enough to stay in trouble with my wife...lol ....but i took my Vaquero civil war relic hunting today because I believe in it and have 100% faith in those machines. tell us more

Yes would need a bit more info.
No question Vaquero is deep as any other, if you can live with one tone.

We'll, this is my first season with the Vaquero. I probably have about 9 hours in with it. The ground balancing, I think I have figured out. I watched a video on YouTube by 53 Silver and it seemed to help. I'm also running the sensitivity at 8.

The shallow targets are not a problem. They're ringing loud and clean. But I know I'm missing the deeper targets as it seems that I'm not getting clean deep hits. The Indian I dug up was probably 6-7 inches down and the signal was faint and sort of jumpy/inconsistent.

Thanks for the help, I certainly appreciate it! :)

The coin was probably on edge or at least not flat, Vaquero is capable of more the 6-7 inches on a coin, that's just the way some of them are.

You're probably not doing anything wrong, except I would max sens, in older areas.

You also haven't had it very long, crank it up...keep digging.

Also... Supertuning really amplifies those deeper signals. It really is quite a machine.

Ron

Either supertune and hunt in really low disc or hunt in all metal.
All metal will be the deepest.
Set the thresh at a slight buzz and listen for even a slight change in the threshold and dig it if you are in an area where there are good targets at deeper levels.
You can check the signal with disc, but if it is deep enough you might not hear it.

Thanks for all the advice! I went out to my yard to give these tips a dry run and was able to find a 1930 wheatie! I have been over my front yard a hundred times and never caught this one. I'd say it was a good 8-9 inches down. Definately can't wait to get to the 1913 house.

Thanks again!

I know this isn't the place to post pictures, but I wasnted to say thanks again to all that helped me maximize the potential of my Valquero. After I used the above tips, I was able to find the following: Prior to this, I only found a IH penny and a couple of wheaties.

picture.php

I know this isn't the place to post pictures, but I wasnted to say thanks again to all that helped me maximize the potential of my Valquero. After I used the above tips, I was able to find the following: Prior to this, I only found a IH penny and a couple of wheaties.

Wow!
I didn't know we were that good!
Or maybe you are becoming one with the Vaq.
CongratZ!

We'll, this is my first season with the Vaquero. I probably have about 9 hours in with it. The ground balancing, I think I have figured out. I watched a video on YouTube by 53 Silver and it seemed to help. I'm also running the sensitivity at 8.

The shallow targets are not a problem. They're ringing loud and clean. But I know I'm missing the deeper targets as it seems that I'm not getting clean deep hits. The Indian I dug up was probably 6-7 inches down and the signal was faint and sort of jumpy/inconsistent.

Thanks for the help, I certainly appreciate it! :)

Here is a GREAT You Tube video on power balancing a modified Cibola, which applies to the Vaquero. If you want to maximize the depth of your Vaquero, learn this method.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfWNo3vleRU

Back
Top Bottom