• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

MXT Pro question for ya all.

MadTownScoop

Elite Member
Ok. So I've been noticing that Nickels come in two different forms (VDI) on this machine. I get them at both 18/20 and same as the AT-Pro, up around 50/52. Whats up with that??

Second question. I had an issue with my MXT today that I cant figure out. It just stops picking up signals. Threshold set to just hear faint buzz, Gain right at the preset arrow and Disc just under Nickel so I can hear the nickels and foil. Set on "coins and jewelery" and TRAC-LOCK. Turn it off and back on and it still would not pick up a quarter or anything 1/2" off coil. Messed around with connections and still nada. Turned it off and on and messed with dials and finally it would pick up signals really good. Tried Ground balancing it to no avail. Any idea's or tricks.? Oh, Using 5x8 SEF coil.

Now that you mention it, Well, never mind. I used the same coil here in town for about an hour and a half in the same type of terrain. Frozen soil/grass/mud and then chewed up rubber tires and had no issues with it then but did yesterday. Hmmm. Will have to see if it does it again. Dont think it was after an "Coil overload, lower gain or raise coil" message from too large of a hit.

Hmph, Imagine that. I sent email to Whites right after I posted here originally, STILL have heard nothing back from them. Guess after I'm done with this MXT I'll sell it and go back to Garrett. At least I get a quick response from them.

Ok, on nickels.....I've never seen nickels come in at 50-52 on my machine. They are consistently at 18/20.

On the second concern....like someone mentioned, I would change coils and see what happens. I've run 6 different coils over the years, but they are all OEM coils. No SEF or anything of that nature, so I don't have experience to compare that one to.

Good luck!

Ok. So I've been noticing that Nickels come in two different forms (VDI) on this machine. I get them at both 18/20 and same as the AT-Pro, up around 50/52. Whats up with that??

Second question. I had an issue with my MXT today that I cant figure out. It just stops picking up signals. Threshold set to just hear faint buzz, Gain right at the preset arrow and Disc just under Nickel so I can hear the nickels and foil. Set on "coins and jewelery" and TRAC-LOCK. Turn it off and back on and it still would not pick up a quarter or anything 1/2" off coil. Messed around with connections and still nada. Turned it off and on and messed with dials and finally it would pick up signals really good. Tried Ground balancing it to no avail. Any idea's or tricks.? Oh, Using 5x8 SEF coil.

What does the voltage read? May be a fresh set of batteries will do it.

Had the issue just that one day with the 5x8 sef coil. Has not happened since. I did change batteries but this happened AFTER I put in my lithium ultimates and those are the same batteries I'm still using.

I find that it only runs well on regular alkaline batteries. It also recommends alkaline batteries in the owners manual.

Back
Top Bottom