Hunting at night

1/27 Inf. Wolfhound

I've been doing some night time hunting here in Kentucky because it gets dark before 6 P.M. now. Last night I went to my local High School and checked around. Does anyone have any tips about hunting at night? I was thinking about getting me a head band light so I can see with out having a hand held flash light. Last night I found 6 penny's in a area the size of my fist, just kept diggin' em up.

wal mart has a nice light system that clips under the bill of your hat,i think i gave $10 for mine,it has 5-6 LED bulbs on it. they also have this thing called a "finger light" it has a velcro strap and you can attach it to the shaft of your detector and itll light up you coil,you can get em for $1 ive seen em at the dollar store as well.

I guess I would be a little concerned about the police stopping by to see why a guy is out in the dark with a flash light. I'm strickly a daylight guy anyway:lol:

Dark clothes won't help if you start using a light. Around here public schools are OK to hunt as long as the kids aren't in session. After dark is another question, the cops show up in no time. I don't know if I want to bring that much attention to my detecting. I've hunted beaches at night but nobody cares if you are there. Good luck. Rob

Hunting in the dark

I belonged to a forum a number of years ago and there was a guy in Florida who liked to hunt at night and he like to hunt around old cemeteries from time to time. Well one night at around midnight, he was hunting in a cemetery and next thing he knows there are cops everywhere. It sure surprised him, but he explained what he was doing and they left him alone.

He was not digging around graves, just around the paths in and around the cemetery.

By the way, where in Kentucky are you? I will be back in Louisville next year sometime.

I live in Powell County KY. Have you ever heard of Natural Bridge State Park, it is located about 16 miles from my house. The cops around here are pretty cool, my dad use to work as a federal law enforcement officer he knows all of them pretty good. I think if they did come up while I was hunting after I told them who I was they would probably hang around for a while to see what all I find out of curosity.

Hummmmm. So its ok to hunt public schools in IL?
I've only hunted one, once here in Indiana. It was on a Sunday
with another metal detectionist. No one ever said anything, but I have to
admit, I was waiting for the first shoe to fall.:roll:
Regards
Robet Roy

Yes, I've had no trouble in Illinois public schools. I even had a business manager come out and talk to me once to see what I was doing. I don't hunt at night or when school is in session. Rob

Back
Top Bottom