Lost Ring - Watch Hill Beach, Rhode Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfog

Hi all,
On Saturday, Sept. 1, I lost a silver ring at a beach in Watch Hill, RI. The ring is of great sentimental value to me. Honestly, I cannot say whether it's 100% silver, but I do know that it had the number 14 (or was it 11?) on the inside of it, indicating a certain degree of pure-ness.

My friends and I sat our bags down in two different locations, and I moved from one location to the other. The ring must have fallen out in one of the two locations. I did not have it on when I was in the water at all. It was in my bag. When I opened and removed other items from my bag, it must have somehow fallen out.

Is anyone available in the area to help me? As a college student, I could not offer much compensation, but I could offer some money and baked goods, perhaps. I would also be forever, forever grateful.

Additionally, I noticed that there is a metal detecting club in Rhode Island. However, I cannot seem to get in contact with anyone associated with the club. Is anyone here a member of the club? If so, could you pass this message on to your fellow metal detectors?

While I don't know much about metal detecting, it appears my case might be easier than some, since I lost the ring in the sand, as opposed to the water. I can pinpoint within about two acres where I was sitting that day.

Please let me know.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
Christina

Metal Decting Service

Hi my name is Gary Bonin and I am a member of TheRingFinders.com Metal Detecting Service Inc. We help people find their lost Jewelry. We can search beaches,parks,lakes and yards.We can search both land and water for your lost item! We have 134 members in the US and some in other countries.WE have helped over 600 people find their lost items. In just 2 years we have found in lost items a cash valve of 1.2 million dollars. If you need your lost treasured item found just go on are website.Then look in the directory for your country. Then look for someone in your state or near your state who can help you find that lost item.

Hi my name is Gary Bonin and I am a member of TheRingFinders.com Metal Detecting Service Inc. We help people find their lost Jewelry. We can search beaches,parks,lakes and yards.We can search both land and water for your lost item! We have 134 members in the US and some in other countries.WE have helped over 600 people find their lost items. In just 2 years we have found in lost items a cash valve of 1.2 million dollars. If you need your lost treasured item found just go on are website.Then look in the directory for your country. Then look for someone in your state or near your state who can help you find that lost item.

Spamming is not allowed.

This is not really spamming. LostMyStuff and TheRingFinders are just options a person can use when they are looking for a lost item.

Cristina I am far away in Israel , but if money becomes an issue in any way I can help with that , maybe transportation money to the detectorist plus a nice reward ..... If I can help financially let me know via PM

metal detecting service

To SandPointGuy you asked if TheRingFinders.com look for peoples lost jewelry for free like you do. Let me ask you if a person call you to look for there lost ring would you drive 50 or even 100 miles to find someone's lost ring for free. And do you think it's wrong to charge someone a small fee to cover you gas to look for their lost item. And if we find their lost item it up to the person on how much they want to give you. If you find their lost item most of us work on a reward basis. And if it not found they only give you a small call out fee to cover your gas

Last edited:
I would never drive 50 or 100 miles to look for someones ring. And I don't think a "small fee" would cover my gas. Furthermore if it was up to someone to decide how much they would give me for my time "if anything" I would be skeptical. I have returned things,and also helped one person look. And didn't even get a thankyou. I would look locally for free and for the right person however. i get the concept but I also have seen the dark side of human nature.. Too much risk involved in some ways in my opinion. This board is full of return stories. So great and some are terrible. I hope your searchers meet with positive results. It's not for me.

I would never drive 50 or 100 miles to look for someones ring. And I don't think a "small fee" would cover my gas. Furthermore if it was up to someone to decide how much they would give me for my time "if anything" I would be skeptical. I have returned things,and also helped one person look. And didn't even get a thankyou. I would look locally for free and for the right person however. i get the concept but I also have seen the dark side of human nature.. Too much risk involved in some ways in my opinion. This board is full of return stories. So great and some are terrible. I hope your searchers meet with positive results. It's not for me.

This is the exact reason I replied with what was said , nobody will drive 100 miles for air

To SandPointGuy

Hi when I first joined TheRingFinders.com Metal Detecting Service I found out about it when my wife and i went to the beach their was a guy metal detecting but i didn't have my metal detector with me . So i wanted to see what he found he showed me what he found and then told my that he was a RingFinder and said it's a metal detecting service they have a website and they help people find their lost jewelry and to check it out and you will see me on the website . So i went on the website and desided to join so far it's been great this will be my 2nd year as a RingFinder you should check it out the CEO of TheRingFinders.com is Chris Turner he has videos of his ring finds for people on youtube and info about TheRingFinders Thank You Gary Bonin

So has anybody gone to Watch Hill and looked for the ring for the lady?? I'd go if I were near, it was 50 degrees there today, but I'm 150 miles away. I hope one of you closer guys got there to help.

So has anybody gone to Watch Hill and looked for the ring for the lady?? I'd go if I were near, it was 50 degrees there today, but I'm 150 miles away. I hope one of you closer guys got there to help.

This Ring was Lost Sept 5 2012, Storm Sandy came through and devestated All that area. There could have been someone that already found it and nothing was posted about the find or it could have been lost to the sea. There were 2 Rhode Islanders that offered to Help out when it happened. This guy from the ring finders constantly posts on craigslist on stuff he finds .

This is an old thread. Looks like the OP joined to ask for help, help was offered and OP never posted again. Don't know how it turned out.

To SandPointGuy you asked if TheRingFinders.com look for peoples lost jewelry for free like you do. Let me ask you if a person call you to look for there lost ring would you drive 50 or even 100 miles to find someone's lost ring for free. And do you think it's wrong to charge someone a small fee to cover you gas to look for their lost item. And if we find their lost item it up to the person on how much they want to give you. If you find their lost item most of us work on a reward basis. And if it not found they only give you a small call out fee to cover your gas

Your always posting on Craigslist in RI stuff you find. I can see if someone called and asked for something to be found and "maybe" get a reward But what about the stuff you post On Craigslist that No One is looking For. Do you Expect to get a reward for a place you just Happened to be that Day detecting? What if the person cant afford Your gas money price? Do you still give The ring to them anyway? I myself have given alot of things back and even driven to there house with my own gas and would not take a Dime nor even ask for anything. I did it cause it made me feel good about doing the right thing and getting the belonging back to the Rightful owner without a Hitch.

metal detecting service

To S.Kick when I go metal detecting and not for someone's lost jewelry and I find a ring I do post it on Craigslist to try to find the owner and if someone couldn't afford to give a Reward I would still give them the ring if it was theirs. Thank you Gary Bonin

Last edited:
To S.Kick when I go metal detecting and not for someone's lost jewelry and I find a ring I do post it on Craigslist to try to find the owner and if someone couldn't aford to give a Reward I would still give them the ring if it was theirs. Thank you Gary Bonin

Thanks Gary for the Responce. I understand the part about driving the mileage and the gas fee just wasnt sure if you did that with just random finds also. Its good see you do give back also without a fee. Thank You for clearing that Up. Happy Hunting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom