Question about Ace 350

Doom64

I've hunted a bunch so far with my new 350. Notice a couple times I'll get a signal... dig.... signal.. dig... then no signal. It's like there's a gopher with a platinum grill down there moving all about, then boom, nothing.

Ideas? Thanks.

Do you have a pinpointer? And did you scan the plug/ dirt you removed from the hole? I have chased the tiniest of stud earrings with my 250 on the beach, kept falling through the scoop holes. I finally made a smaller holed scoop.

Yeah I scoop, scan, and if I don't hear a beep I sift my scoopins. In the process of getting a pin pointer. I know its gunna make life very easier. Thanks for the help.

I have dug many a signal to find nothing, or a moving target! one time I dug the hole stuck my pinpointer in and had a good idea where it was...signal then was gone! MD kept telling me it was still there, but the propointer wasn't reading it. finally after about 5 minutes of searching I found a copper BB in the dirt pile! big enough for the MD but too small and oxidized for the propointer to get a good signal. I basically had to be touching it for it to sound off.

Same thing here! Also using the pinpoint button I end up with at least a six in spread between the front and back of my coil, not much of a pinpoint. When this happens and I eventually find the target it is trash, the more consistent tones and pinpointing usually end up coins etc. Does this sound correct to the experienced??

a bit off point

I use the 705 and no photos I see show the pin point mode on the E-trac on the screen. Does the E-trac pinpoint with the circle in a circle like the 705??? and do you know if the Safari and Explorer do also???..... Good Luck and Happy Hunting,,,, :biker::digginahole::biker:

sometimes if you bump the coil on the ground it'll give you a false disappearing signal. Try running the coil across it perpendicular to the way you did before. it may be a coin standing up on edge and all depends on the angel you detect it.

May ace also falses a lot on wet surf or around puddles. just got to re-swipe until you get a strong signal. The Ace is a fantastic machine though!

Same thing here! Also using the pinpoint button I end up with at least a six in spread between the front and back of my coil, not much of a pinpoint. When this happens and I eventually find the target it is trash, the more consistent tones and pinpointing usually end up coins etc. Does this sound correct to the experienced??

Yes

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

Plain old ghost signals. They happen to everybody. Happened many times to me when I used my Ace350...Great machine though...

Sounds like you had a lot of experience with the 350. Did you find gold with it? How did it register? And what depth?
Anyone may chime in....
Thanks

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

This happen to me a lot when I was learning how to pinpoint. (filled a lot of holes up/ not getting anything) The 350 has a slow recovery speed so, slow your swing down when pinpointing. Pinpoint the target from all sides. Practice, Practice, and Practice some more. Don't give up on it!!! Great detector! Yes it will find GOLD, you got to dig the junk signals though.
Get a pinpointer if you don't have one!:yes:GL

Back
Top Bottom