Love this Website!!!!!!

Paulb

This is by far the best MD'ing Website on the net!!!I love all the stories and pics on the sitemap.I just started MD'ing a few weeks ago but have wanted to do it since I was a child but my parents couldn't afford to get me a good detector.I started with a BH 505 and have since sold it and moved to the Garrett line.So far since starting a couple weeks ago I have found several clad quarters,several dimes and newer pennies.I also found a really old horseshoe and a boat tag.I haven't found any gold or silver yet.I have a question...is there a such thing as a ghost signaL??I have noticed that sometimes my detector will show a really solid signal(shows $.50 on the ID) but when I dig over 7-8 inches I still can't locate the target.Not sure if it is really deep but I have had several of these and never found anything.After digging that deep and running the coil over it again it still sounds off like a good signal.Any info would be appreciated.Keep this great site going for all us loyal detectorist!!!!

Love the Website!!!!!!

Welcome PaulB!!!

Sooner or later you will find silver and gold. Be patient. As far as ghost signals go I'm not sure if you get a depth reading on your machine or not. For example: I've found that with my DFX I will sometimes get a solid signal and the machine indicates that its at 5 inches. I dig to 6 inches but still no target. Usually this means that there is a large piece of iron buried deep. I have dug down to 18 inches and found iron and this is usually the case.

Good Luck!

Love the Website!!!!!!

Ok thanks for the info on the ghost signals....

Love the Website!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum Paul. Glad to have you aboard. Don't worry the silver and gold will come. Iron can give you some off the wall readings.

Love the Website!!!!!!

Hey Paul B, welcome to the forum. Those ghost sigs can be nothing more than a buried pop can. I get them all the time and every time they have been a pop can at about ten inches. Comes with the turf my friend. But one of these times, you just never know. Could be something :shock: :lol:

Love the Website!!!!!!

Thanks Terry 55!!!!Glad to be here.

Love the Website!!!!!!

Thanks Hoser!!!I think I'll invest in a long probe,maybe that will help.

Love the Website!!!!!!

Hang in there Paul. The good struff is down there. Now get out there and get it. :lol:

Love the Website!!!!!!

Hey Paul - welcome to the forum!
I get ghost signals that have the audacity to GO AWAY after I've dug after them!
Lots to learn...

OH

Love the Website!!!!!!

Hey Paul, Next time that you dig beyond the depth shown and you still get that strong repeatable, lift the coil up and swing it, About 6 to 8 inches above the target. If you still get that strong signal, most likely you have large iron or maybe someone buried an old Buick there. We just found out on this forum that people bury cars in Oregon..................LOL...........Gil

Love the Website!!!!!!

Welcome aboard Paul! Lots of good advice already given, so I won't repeat it, just wanted to welcome you here, and say HH (Happy Hunting!)

Love the Website!!!!!!

Wellcome Paul stay charged up and you will have a ball.

Love the Website!!!!!!

God!!!!This has to be the nicest bunch of people I have ever had to pleasure to chat with.Thanks to everyone for your nice words and advice!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom