"Real Men Fill Their Holes"

Compass

Forum Supporter
Okay, I am "officially" launching a campaign to do what I can to "remind" our fellow treasure hunters to start filling in their holes after digging out their targets. All I have, so far, is an idea and a slogan.
The slogan is, "Real men fill their holes". The idea is that people will like the slogan and what it stands for and will want to help promote something that is in the best interest of all treasure hunters. Perhaps this slogan, with the skull and "crossed detectors", would be a cool looking T-shirt with a meaningful message.
If anyone wants to "steal" this idea and start making some Tees, or buttons, or bumper stickers- please feel free to do so. This should be a collaborative movement.
For those of you who are sticklers for filling in your holes, now you can fight back and do something about it. If nothing else, the public and park/beach authorities will know that many of us treasure hunters are out there doing the right thing. Even if I am the only one who likes this idea I am going to pursue it because it just feels like the right thing to do. If you want to help,
spread the word or toss in your own ideas.
I know that the "logo" seems gender specific but I still think the message is valid since most treasure hunters are men.
Thanks for listening and HH!

Nice idea, but too much negative energy. That is, spending time fretting over the mess the jerks leave behind. Every sport has these types. To me, the best policy is not to let them ruin my good time. In the case of coming upon unfilled holes, I fill them and don't give it another thought. So, while i totally agree with and support you I for one am not for turning my enjoyable hobby into a cause.

Nice idea, but too much negative energy. That is, spending time fretting over the mess the jerks leave behind. Every sport has these types. To me, the best policy is not to let them ruin my good time. In the case of coming upon unfilled holes, I fill them and don't give it another thought. So, while i totally agree with and support you I for one am not for turning my enjoyable hobby into a cause.
Thanks for your feedback tjc. I'm not talking about confronting other hunters face to face with an attitude. That has ruined some hunts for me too so I usually do the same as you. I'm just thinking that we need to raise "public" (fellow treasure hunters) awareness with "positive" energy. HH!

Nice shirt idea. I don't want to get a bad wrap for whoever leaves unfilled holes. The last trip I took to a local park had about 20 or so unfilled holes. Some of them were so big I could have fit two basketballs in them. Pretty much nobody in my area mds so I'm 99% sure its just kids digging holes. I found an almost new hotwheels car at the bottom of one of them. I spent more time filling in all the holes than I did mding there. I was tempted to just leave and md it later it was so bad. I'd like to see some cheap signs I could put up there, then maybe the kids would fill their holes too.

Love it! Although I'm pretty new to the hobby, I truly believe the few who don't respect the ground they're hunting and leave unfilled holes, will have a negative impact on those of us who do. Just today I had a police officer watch me while I was hunting, I cut a plug and filled the hole back in. He drove off and waved as he went by. If I had not taken the time to fill in my hole, I think he would have run me off. A few could ruin it for all! I love the slogan and would buy a tee-shirt and a bumper sticker!

i even fill holes that squirrels leave behind so i don't get the blame :D

i even fill holes that squirrels leave behind so i don't get the blame :D
Now that's funny!
Some people on another forum were concerned that the slogan had a "sexual" undertone to it. That was not the intent so how about:
"Real men dig and fill their holes"?

Now that's funny!
Some people on another forum were concerned that the slogan had a "sexual" undertone to it.

Oh... I actually thought that was the point. Mind, please remove yourself from the gutter and get back up here with the rest of us, LOL

Oh... I actually thought that was the point. Mind, please remove yourself from the gutter and get back up here with the rest of us, LOL

With all of the "talk" on the internet, that's the first thing that crossed my mind as well. Speaks volumes about society these days........

Dusty

I think the kind of person that doesn't clean up after themselves isn't going to be changed unless they have legal/law enforcement pressure put on them. The only problem is that pressure of that type ruins it for the rest of us that are responsible MD'ers. Catch 22.

Back
Top Bottom