• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Whites coinmaster manual confusion

Silvermarten

I'm a complete novice and have a used whites detector .
I downloaded the manual at the link below :

http://www.whiteselectronics.com/ma...000 Di S3 &5900 Di Pro Instruction Manual.pdf

However on page 6 ( Adobe screen view is 6  - printed it is page 7 )  it just doesn't make sense to me  :?:

Explanation of controls : Tuner

1. The TUNER sets the detectors THRESHOLD
2. The THRESHOLD is indicated by an audio tone that is barely heard . It represents the detector's maximum operating sensitivity .
3. To set the THRESHOLD :
  a. Set all controls at "P"
  b. Hold the detector so that its loop is in the air , straight out in front of you , waist high.
  c. Squeeze and release the TRIGGER SWITCH and turn the TUNER to the right until the tone is barely heard . Release the TRIGGER SWITCH .

:?: :?: 3.c. just doesn't make sense to me  :?: :?:

How can I squeeze and release the trigger switch ...... and then release it ???
Also with the tuner already set on "P" turning to the right ( towards MAX ) just increases the tone .
When using it yesterday I just went ahead and started with the TUNER on MIN ( no sound ) and turned it to the right until I barely heard it . ( did a great job of finding pulltabs and rusty nails )

Is the manual a typo ?
Should it be : " Squeeze and hold the TRIGGER SWITCH and turn the TUNER to the right until the tone is barely heard . Release the TRIGGER SWITCH . "

OR ???????????

Any help would be greatly appreciated  :grin:

Squeeze and hold the switch. Turn the knob until you can barely hear the sound. Headphones will be better at setting the sound lower so that you acheive maximum. What detector do you have ?

Thanks TonyinCT :grin:
I thought it must be a typo , but being new to the MD world I wasn't sure what to do .

It's an oldie :roll:
Whites Coinmaster 6000/Di series 3 .
I got some cheapy headphones today and it sure helps .

Back
Top Bottom