My first half dollar and a Merc

longbow62

Forum Supporter
I went out with my detecting buddy today and hit three spots. The first spot was just some clad. At the second spot was an empty lot. My first signal was a 1967 quarter. Within a few feet of it a 1965 quarter. I kind of worked away from where I found the quarters and found a few pennies then worked my way back hoping I missed something and sure enough I got another high tone on the Nox 800 32-35 within a few feet of the quarter holes. The quarters were not deep and this signal was shallow also. I was thinking clad quarter and much to my surprise I popped up my first ever Standing Liberty half dollar a 1944! Another coin off the bucket list. That was it for silver at that spot. On the way to the next I mentioned how I seldom get more than one silver a day if I get lucky enough to find one. The next spot I pulled the 1928 Mercury dime just before dark so I was very happy with my day. Silvers 23 and 24 for the year, and that makes 5 now with the Nox 800 since I got it about a month and a half ago.

Attachments

• First Half Dollar.jpg
    First Half Dollar.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 202
Thanks for the congrats! It took a little less than two years to find which equated to lord only knows how many hours detecting.

Back
Top Bottom