• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My XP Deus Coin Shooting program

"Detectorist"

Forum Supporter
I get a lot of people asking me about the program I made for coin shooting on my XP Deus. So, I made this to share. Hope it helps!

** update - I have some people providing feedback that may correct some issues I have, I'll update the thread once I know more **

Also, if you have any other suggestions, please feel free to share them.

Last edited:
Your silencer setting is too high,,,needs to be 0 or -1. Running too high a silencer will block some deeper coins from coming through or chop their signals.

I don' think you mention your coil size,,,reactivity 3 might do for 11" coil,,,but it won't for the 9" coil,,,reactivity 2 better for deeper coins. Even using 11" coil,,reactivity 2 will possible give more elongated tone (harder to miss) on deeper coins.

Freq,,12 Khz,,a good all around er,,,8khz will work,,,but running it deeper nickels can be missed.

Sensitivity,,higher than 90,, like 93-94 can have some slight benefits on deeper coins.

Now your settings,,definitely better for cleaner ground looking for coins,,,in areas with heavy nails and iron,,Deus separation becomes better,,along with some level of 3D detection around iron and nails,,,running lower disc,,,and in particular running full tones with disc levels set between 0 and 3.0 levels.

You maybe should consider doing the following::
Continue to use your program you outlined here,,,but make yourself another program,,,and place adjacent in your Deus using some of what I talked about.

When you find what you think is a deeper target using your program,,switch over to the adjacent program and sweep your supposedly deeper target and listen and compare.
I think you will see some benefits of the adjacent program.
And may with your continued use of Deus,,,try and use maybe moreso for your go to settings,,,at least in certain places.

Your silencer setting is too high,,,needs to be 0 or -1. Running too high a silencer will block some deeper coins from coming through or chop their signals.

I don' think you mention your coil size,,,reactivity 3 might do for 11" coil,,,but it won't for the 9" coil,,,reactivity 2 better for deeper coins. Even using 11" coil,,reactivity 2 will possible give more elongated tone (harder to miss) on deeper coins.

Freq,,12 Khz,,a good all around er,,,8khz will work,,,but running it deeper nickels can be missed.

Sensitivity,,higher than 90,, like 93-94 can have some slight benefits on deeper coins.

Now your settings,,definitely better for cleaner ground looking for coins,,,in areas with heavy nails and iron,,Deus separation becomes better,,along with some level of 3D detection around iron and nails,,,running lower disc,,,and in particular running full tones with disc levels set between 0 and 3.0 levels.

You maybe should consider doing the following::
Continue to use your program you outlined here,,,but make yourself another program,,,and place adjacent in your Deus using some of what I talked about.

When you find what you think is a deeper target using your program,,switch over to the adjacent program and sweep your supposedly deeper target and listen and compare.
I think you will see some benefits of the adjacent program.
And may with your continued use of Deus,,,try and use maybe moreso for your go to settings,,,at least in certain places.

Thank you for the feedback. I've only been using the Deus for a month, so I really appreciate any advice from a more experienced person! I'll make some tweaks to my program and give it a shot this weekend. Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback. I've only been using the Deus for a month, so I really appreciate any advice from a more experienced person! I'll make some tweaks to my program and give it a shot this weekend. Thanks!

Keep us posted.
Look forward to hearing your results,,and seeing some of your finds.

Back
Top Bottom