Can my at pro coil be modified to fit my ace 250

SilverSlueth

Can my at pro coil be modified to fit my ace 250? I have an extra at pro coil just laying in the closet. I'm wondering if I order the correct plug from Garrett if I can modify it to work on my ace 250. The DD coil you can buy for the ace looks just like the AT coil, except for the plug. Anyone know?

I would not recommend it....

In my opinion,
the risk would be much too high .Better sell it as it is and buy a DD coil
for the ACE 250. I have one of these and am very happy with it.

The Atpro coil is tuned for the Atpro.The Atpro is 15KHz the Ace250 is 6.5KHz, I don't think the coil it tuned for the Ace 250. It might work just not as good as Ace coil. I would sell it and get the right coil.

I agree that a big difference in freq. that it "probably" wouldn't work well, (maybe it would ?) or at all. Case in point I tried an F75 coil on a greek series machine, although it looked the same, same plug, it just squealed contantly.

2) since an adaptor don't exist, you have to hack two coil cables to make one yourself, making it more expensive in the long run than just buying a DD made for the Ace.

Pescadore also makes a good point.

Actually forget all of that, as I just double checked It will not work, ATP is 4 pin connector, while Ace 250 is 5 pin.

Believe it or not there are people who have modified ace 250 coils for use with an at pro with just a different connector , i have read about it. So maybe it can be done if you have the right connector.

Back
Top Bottom