Whites dfx help

Fishninja

So I've had this detector for a while but just got serious with it. I usually dont have more than a couple hours to hunt so I only dig quarter, nickle/ring, foil/ring signals unless im on the beach. Ive hit a gold ring with the nickle/ring signal but I was wondering what silver rings come up as. Im guessing they will come up as penny/dime because I havent found one yet, but im not sure. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

+1, but remember any ring can sound "strange" because it is not solid like a coin, may contain more than one precious metal and may be at a non-horizontal angle. GL and HH. Matt

The vast majority of silver rings I've recovered with the DFX read a 83. Not sure why, but that seems to be a favorite VDI for the average sized silver ring.

Thanks guys I guess ill be digging more change along with all the trash so its a win win!

These two sterling pieces are examples of what small silver read on my DFX. The childs cats ring rang up about 50 and the clasp was in the teens. Just never know.

Attachments

• Cat.jpg
    Cat.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 176
  • clasp.jpg
    clasp.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 168
These two sterling pieces are examples of what small silver read on my DFX. The childs cats ring rang up about 50 and the clasp was in the teens. Just never know.

Nice, guess I'll just dig everything on my hunts haha

So I've had this detector for a while but just got serious with it. I usually dont have more than a couple hours to hunt so I only dig quarter, nickle/ring, foil/ring signals unless im on the beach. Ive hit a gold ring with the nickle/ring signal but I was wondering what silver rings come up as. Im guessing they will come up as penny/dime because I havent found one yet, but im not sure. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

VDI Signals are located on the top of the control box. When you are swinging, just look down on the control box for the Visual Discrimination Indicator numbers. Remember it is only an INDICATION of a target's VDI, let your digger do the rest. HH

Back
Top Bottom