Novigear GC-1009 Help!!!

NWdetector

So my 9 yr old boy loves the show Diggers. An lucky us we cam across a pretty good deal, at least I thought so for not knowing any better:D

Now the problem is I figured I could find some kind of manual for this online. I was wrong.
It has main switch.
Power-Disc-Tone-All Metal

The separate knobs. all knobs are 0-10 settings
Frequency
DISC/TONE
sensitivity

From what I read. sensitivity is depth related and to set it about at 5.
DISC/TONE should be at 5 or a little higher for Disc(on main switch) and 5 or lower for Tone(on main switch).
No idea for frequency.
So far just playing around it I put penny and my wedding ring on my patio far enough apart and they were detected when swinging over them.

Now I buried the penny and no such luck detecting it.
At one point I think I was detecting rocks...

So I guess bottom line, can anyone help us out so my boy can enjoy and hopefully find something.

Thank you.

You can try contacting the manufacturer.

Contact Info
Company Name: Shenzhen Xinlidahong Technology Co., Ltd.
Company Address: Address: Bldg. 1. B4 /F,HuiTongDa industrial park ,eighth industrial zone longhua street shenzhen china.
Company Phone: 86-755-36931844
Company Fax: 86-755-36931844
Contact Person: Ms. Mary wang
Mobile Phone: 15989543982

Don't know how tight money is for you, you could consider getting in to a decent starter detector. The guys on the show use Garrett AT Pro's (I think they both do anyways) so you could look at a starter Garrett machine like an Ace 150 or I would recommend a Fisher F2 for various reasons, you shoulde able to get into one of these for under $200. You also notice both of them using the pinpointer (the thing they use in the hole to find the target once the hole is made), those you can get in to for around $125. There are a few dealers who support this site that give typically better prices than you see elsewhere.
Maybe you'd rather mess around for awhile with the one you found, that's understandable as well, just thought I'd throw a few ideas out there for you.
Welcome and HH (happy hunting)

How deep did you bury the penny? A low end detector will not go very deep. If it detected on the porch but not in the ground, it may be buried out of the range of the detector.

If you can get that detector to work and you can figure it out then things may work out fine for you , but can your 9 year old grasp all of the settings and will he have the patience for it? If not, may I suggest a Tesoro Compadre would be an excellent detector for your son to start out with. One knob simplicity and light weight and plenty of depth for him and only $160 is good for your wallet. Once he gets a little older then he can move to the more complex machines with all of the different settings to adjust.

We're going to stick with this one till we figure it out. We did leave it on all metal and found a couple old nails one with a raised #36 on it. And a buried 30-30 bullet.. He was super happy. The target indicater only moved a little bit. Is that suppose to move a lot when you find something?

My Bounty Hunter Tracker IV has a needle indicator that bounces back and forth when the detector picks up a target but it does not tell you depth or anything so I ignore it and listen to the sounds my detector is making. It is important to learn the sounds your detector makes as it passes over different types of targets. Good luck and I hope your son sticks with it.

Back
Top Bottom