Fountain silver

Goat88

Elite Member
Hey all. Slow for the time being at work so I figured I'd ask a question. Seems like every year around Christmas I can go to the fountains in the mall and eyeball at least a few silver coins. A few years a go I spotted a silver Washington and a silver 1918 Canadian quarter. This year I spotted a war nickle. Makes you want to reach in and grab em. Anyone ever stopped to scan for silver in the fountains at the mall?

Fountains, in the mall. What is this, 1985? Come to think of it, haven’t even been in a mall since the 80s :lol:

But, I say go for it.

Jeez that's a tough one :?: I mean it don't hurt looking, but I'm not sure I would feel right jumping in a wishing fountain at a mall :laughing: but hey if your cool with it, go for it man! Silver is silver afterall! Happy holidays! :santa:

WWTD?
No sign saying "leave the coins alone" AND citing the relevant law code?.................... Don't Ask!!!! That's WWTD!

Could be the coins in those fountains benefit a local charity, so if you decide to start plucking, be prepared for some dirty looks, and maybe being video- recorded by one of the ever-present cell phone cameras. You may even get your mug on the six o’clock news with a not so flattering headline. Just sayin’. Maybe if you proposed to mall management a “two for one” trade for some of the coins that interest you. Just don’t mention the word “silver”.
My two cents...
Jim

Last edited:
I think that’s where Al Bundy got his lunch money...:lol:
Speaking of fountains,there was a discussion about where old wishing wells used to be,we have one close to me that is actually still in use from over 100 years ago. No money in it, but I’m SURE there’s money AROUND it...
Just keep your eyes peeled for such things...and no,don’t yank money out of the fountain UNLESS you replace it with the same denomination and a security guard sees you do it. Remember....cameras are EVERYWHERE!

I was eyeballing all the coins in the lakes at Disneyland... Does that count lol

Personally, I wouldn't, but if I ever would, I'd carry a little metal trinket in my coin pocket, or better yet, an old non-working cell phone. Scope out the fountain, pick your target, and

*splash*

'Oh no! My phone!'

Fish it (and your target) out, swap a coin to avoid bad karma, and you're good to go.

Be prepared and be smooth!

Personally, I wouldn't, but if I ever would, I'd carry a little metal trinket in my coin pocket, or better yet, an old non-working cell phone. Scope out the fountain, pick your target, and

*splash*

'Oh no! My phone!'

Fish it (and your target) out, swap a coin to avoid bad karma, and you're good to go.

:lol:

There's a lot of Fountains in Vegas, the Mirage and Caesars but I wouldn't try it there.

I see the question as have you ever stopped and looked and wished. Yes I've noticed the silver tossed into fountains and yes I've been guilty about wishing I could have my detector for a little fun. I am a pirate after all. The devil made me do it.:lol:

*splash*

'Oh no! My phone!'

I like it

All the places I have seen fountains here have had them removed. I too have looked in the fountains and wished I had the guts to fish out a piece of silver.

Back
Top Bottom