Chest mount Explorer2 in action....

IDXMonster

Elite Member
I put the control head on a Chesty Go Pro harness and used a Compadre chassis to mount the coil on. Then I found a 36” CB mic extension cable to join the head to the coil/chassis. It’s powered by an RNB battery in my pocket. That part still needs a bit of refinement....but overall it’s incredibly comfortable to wear and use. Not for the faint of heart to tear apart your e-series,I’m just showing that it CAN be done with and get the “old heavy dinosaur” back in action!
https://youtu.be/sfpGG-m2fxY

That set up is BEAUTIFUL! Could even mod it further with a waterproof plano box and bring it in the water! Thanks for sharing man, was a good video, and great mod!

That set up is BEAUTIFUL! Could even mod it further with a waterproof plano box and bring it in the water! Thanks for sharing man, was a good video, and great mod!

Thanks Jeff! Besides having nothing to do during the winter,I figured it was time to just chop it up and see what happened. It still needs a couple of refinements but I’m more than happy with the outcome. It’s SOOOO comfortable to use,it really is. I’ve got the ProSwing and that works great too,this is a way different animal than that. “Effortless” would be the word that comes to mind,if you can believe that about swinging an Explorer!:lol: You know what I’m talking about...;)

Good stuff Kevin!! I will be taking mine out on it first journey here soon. I need to look at settings first to fully understand this beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff Kevin!! I will be taking mine out on it first journey here soon. I need to look at settings first to fully understand this beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope to make it that way soon Mike,maybe this weekend. If it’s in your schedule I’d love to go kick it old skool! The whole issue is that unless you have a place that has those deep coins,it’s really hard to get to know how they act,and that’s with anything as you know! If you’re serious about using it regularly all I can suggest is just going and hunting that 4-7” clad just to find out what your sweep speed needs to be. I do believe,with the same size coils,that the Explorers,eTrac,CTX and now the Equinox are all in the same “depth range”. How accurate and fast the reporting is are what differ at times,and at times by quite a bit. It really is a fun old beast to use,I love mine. The 800 is growing on me slowly as well,so it’s safe to say we’ll both have 3 Gen of Minelabs in the house for quite awhile...:yes:
Let me know how your weekend is shaking out.

Nice setup. Ive seen a few folks do this and it helps alot. My first Explorer was waterproofed then it broke so I bought a Pro and swapped it out. Now it sits but it is for sale.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=187187

That is WELL DONE Shake! It just goes to show that stuff like this CAN be done,and as you said,it helps a great deal in weight distribution. Still very quality hunting units,and it’s fun to use old dinosaurs like these!

Back
Top Bottom