Coronavirrus

Status
Not open for further replies.

yooper69

Elite Member
Curious on everyone's thoughts on this. Is it changing your daily routines? Are you preparing for the worst case scenario or do you think it will be contained and gone soon? It sure seems to be spreading awful quick across the globe. Seems alot of folks are starting to work from home now.

Yeh, it's made me a bit more aware of the pinch points in my life that would spread germs. I think a bit more about getting a gift of virus.

I dont exactly fear the virus itself. But you can see a ****storm brewing in its aftermath. The fallout is what concerns me. Things have happened, some fairly significant, this is fact.

You cant shut down half of China for a month and expect nothing to happen.

I decided to hold off on some fun spending, just hold cash for a while and see how things go.

I went grocery shopping, got a heavy load, that's about it. Being a gun guy that's watched repeated shortages of various gun related stuff, I just buffered things a bit, nothin stupid.

(House stuff, not gun stuff. The gun stuff I'm buying ain't because corona.....it's an election year)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I'm very concerned about my fellow detectorist at the beaches. They should all take a break and stay home.

Granted, I don't want to catch it, nor do I wish it on anyone and I feel for those who have been lost or have lost someone due to it, but it is my understanding, that in truth, it is on par, stat-wise, of other viruses and/or contagions spreading around the globe.

Granted it is new, but it seems to me, that it is just getting more hype and news coverage than other viruses or diseases that have similar stats in regard to recovery and mortality rates.

That being said, all we can do is take reasonable precautions, hope for the best and deal with the rest.

I do what I can to avoid all the hype that is prevalent in the news these days due to the fact that they base a lot of the coverage on fear and death for traffic and views.

Granted, I don't want to catch it, nor do I wish it on anyone and I feel for those who have been lost or have lost someone due to it, but it is my understanding, that in truth, it is on par, stat-wise, of other viruses and/or contagions spreading around the globe.

Granted it is new, but it seems to me, that it is just getting more hype and news coverage than other viruses or diseases that have similar stats in regard to recovery and mortality rates.

That being said, all we can do is take reasonable precautions, hope for the best and deal with the rest.

I do what I can to avoid all the hype that is prevalent in the news these days due to the fact that they base a lot of the coverage on fear and death for traffic and views.
I totally agree with this statement. I also believe the media coverage has demonized the ever livin out of it and has caused quite the panic. I try my hardest not to be a conspiracy nut but, it is an election year after all.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

It's nothing to get super paranoid about. This disease is nothing new and has been well known about for a long time. It's a simple infection that if you seek medical care you'll be fine from. It's simply making a pass around the world as any other diseases do. It's been the media hype thing of the month to latch onto and cause panic for all the reasons they latch onto anything else. There's also a standing track record of these diseases popping up all over the media before election season because it's drives the markets into a frenzy. Remember Sars (a Corona strand), zika, swine flu, bird flu, etc...

Wash your hands, get treatment if you feel sick, and you'll be fine.

And

Don't Panic - Hitchhikers Guide 😉

No way I could work from home, since i work in a refinery, and I don't see them shutting the refinery down because of it, so I have to at least stick to my work routine. Metal detecting is a solitary hobby, so no changes there either. Our freezers usually stay pretty full too as we hunt, and raise a lot of our own meat (rabbits, chickens, and hogs.) It would be nice if we had a national news organization we could trust though to get the real scoop. CNN and MSNBC parrot the left, while Fox parrots the right. I would like to just hear some unbiased news for once and not a political agenda. Maybe then people could react accordingly.

More people will get killed by drunk drivers then this.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Even before the Coronavirus I have been "somewhat" of a germaphobe as I would wash my hands anytime I thought it might be necessary like after picking something up off the floor. That might sound a little extreme to some but I figure it can't hurt. (and especially when preparing food !)

I think of stuff like when I take our dog out to potty and I am walking on the grass and while I do dispose of the dog poop there are areas where the deer has pooped, then I walk back in the house across the living room carpet then across the kitchen floor, who knows what gets tracked in that you can't see.

Now I'm not as concerned when I'm digging in the dirt, but I'm careful not to touch my face not knowing what's in the dirt (like animal poop residue) but I'll wash my hands good when I'm done detecting for the day. I do use gloves but they are not always totally foolproof from getting stuff on your hands.

Also, when leaving a public bathroom I'll use a paper towel to open the bathroom door to leave as I have seen some people skip washing their hands on the way out.

The thing I've now added to my precautions is to avoid shaking hands which I would think most people would now understand.

Anyhow here are a couple information links:

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (Frequently Asked Questions)

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html

Stay Informed About the Coronavirus

https://www.consumerreports.org/coronavirus/coronavirus-covid-19-updates/

Even before the Coronavirus I have been "somewhat" of a germaphobe as I would wash my hands anytime I thought it might be necessary like after picking something up off the floor. That might sound a little extreme to some but I figure it can't hurt. (and especially when preparing food !)

I think of stuff like when I take our dog out to potty and I am walking on the grass and while I do dispose of the dog poop there are areas where the deer has pooped, then I walk back in the house across the living room carpet then across the kitchen floor, who knows what gets tracked in that you can't see.

Now I'm not as concerned when I'm digging in the dirt, but I'm careful not to touch my face not knowing what's in the dirt (like animal poop residue) but I'll wash my hands good when I'm done detecting for the day. I do use gloves but they are not always totally foolproof from getting stuff on your hands.

Also, when leaving a public bathroom I'll use a paper towel to open the bathroom door to leave as I have seen some people skip washing their hands on the way out.

The thing I've now added to my precautions is to avoid shaking hands which I would think most people would now understand.

Anyhow here are a couple information links:

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (Frequently Asked Questions)

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html

Stay Informed About the Coronavirus

https://www.consumerreports.org/coronavirus/coronavirus-covid-19-updates/
I guess you don't use the 3 second rule ?

I wish that one could trust the media to tell the truth One source says it will die off come summer and another source says it will not. Look at how many different disasters we have been warned about by the media over the past 30 to 40 years. And so far none of them have been anywhere near to actuality. I did alter my routine just a teeny bit the other day. Went to the grocery store and actually used one of the things for cleaning the handle on the grocery cart. First time for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom