Coronavirrus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are no one sick except for the media?

Because the media is politically biased. For every article you see saying one thing, like mask work, you can find another saying they don't. In 2015 the CDC said mask won't even help stop the influenza virus from spreading. When "the carona" first came out they said this (maybe cuz they wanted to make sure health care workers had enough?) Then they said it only helps stop transmission (maybe cuz people don't cough into the elbows?) Now they say it does it all (maybe out of peer pressure?) Who knows, politics are getting in the way of truth, even in the FBI and the IRS. If you eliminate the articles based on politics, feelings, fears and hearsay and go by the controlled testing then many would have different views. For instance the testing done in FL and TX shows a great deal of new cases but they report that all positive test are reported as new cases even from the same person. CNN interviewed a teacher? who was talking about a 65% increase in infected kids in CA from 0-15 years old. Now there is 1 kid out of every 3500 who has tested positive. Close the schools! Nevermind real life experiences from other countries has show extremely low transmission rates from children to others. But heck just look around and you'll find another article saying the opposite. We all believe we are right based on the information we get but unfortunately the vast majority of media is biased one way for viewership and political reasons. Believe what you want but don't fool yourself into thinking you're right and others are wrong regardless of what side you're on. So don't get too self-righteous.

Last edited:
"Why are no one sick except for the media? "

I'm just going to stop responding to this thread, people deny covid exists, refuse to wear a mask, think it's a big conspiracy, don't want to take any personal responsibility at all. Honestly it's disgusting and I can fully understand why the US is still number 1, woo woo we're number 1! Enjoy...

I'm just going to stop responding to this thread, people deny covid exists, refuse to wear a mask, think it's a big conspiracy, don't want to take any personal responsibility at all. Honestly it's disgusting and I can fully understand why the US is still number 1, woo woo we're number 1! Enjoy...

There are some outliers who believe these things but they are just that - outliers. Not saying it's not a trend though.

One can acknowledge that there have been some inaccuracies in CV reporting and that masks (what a vague term) aren't 100% effective while still understanding there are serious and widespread risks with CV.

A face covering is better than no face covering, and a medical grade or, better yet, N95 mask is a lot more effective. Some have valves for exhaust, so how much of this purported lack of effectiveness is due to hodge podge face coverings or incorrect application of masks?

I probably covered this, but the argument is BS that because isolated virus particles are smaller than most mask filtration in microns they aren't effective. Virii and other pathogens are primarily made airborne in respiratory droplets, which are disbursed via sneezing and coughing for example:

"Respiratory infections can be transmitted through droplets of different sizes: when the droplet particles are >5-10 μm in diameter they are referred to as respiratory droplets, and when then are <5μm in diameter, they are referred to as droplet nuclei.1 According to current evidence, COVID-19 virus is primarily transmitted between people through respiratory droplets and contact routes."

In short, wear a mask or avoid going out. Get the best mask you can if you have to go out.

There are some outliers who believe these things but they are just that - outliers. Not saying it's not a trend though.

One can acknowledge that there have been some inaccuracies in CV reporting and that masks (what a vague term) aren't 100% effective while still understanding there are serious and widespread risks with CV.

A face covering is better than no face covering, and a medical grade or, better yet, N95 mask is a lot more effective. Some have valves for exhaust, so how much of this purported lack of effectiveness is due to hodge podge face coverings or incorrect application of masks?

I probably covered this, but the argument is BS that because isolated virus particles are smaller than most mask filtration in microns they aren't effective. Virii and other pathogens are primarily made airborne in respiratory droplets, which are disbursed via sneezing and coughing for example:

"Respiratory infections can be transmitted through droplets of different sizes: when the droplet particles are >5-10 μm in diameter they are referred to as respiratory droplets, and when then are <5μm in diameter, they are referred to as droplet nuclei.1 According to current evidence, COVID-19 virus is primarily transmitted between people through respiratory droplets and contact routes."

In short, wear a mask or avoid going out. Get the best mask you can if you have to go out.
The lies are disgusting.

I've never heard anyone denying it exists. Wearing a mask isn't proven to help depending on what expert you listen to. Almost the only "conspiracy" I've heard is the media sensationalizing stories and trying to influence voters and that sure happens. Personal responsibility- that could be true.. US number 1- some surely has to do with more testing and unreliable reporting.

"A German study released Monday concludes that children do not play a major role in spreading the coronavirus.

The study, conducted by scientists from Dresden Technical University, is the largest carried out on schoolchildren in Germany and found traces of the virus in less than 1% of the teachers and children tested.

The scientists believe that children may serve as a “brake” on virus infection chains, and say the results show that the virus doesn’t spread easily in schools.

“It is rather the opposite,” professor Reinhard Berner, the head of pediatric medicine at Dresden University Hospital, said during a press conference. “Children act more as a brake on infection. Not every infection that reaches them is passed on.”

The study was conducted in three different districts of the Saxony region, which opened schools in May. A total of 2,045 children and teachers were tested at 13 schools, including some schools that have had virus cases, but antibodies were found in only 12 of those who were tested.

“This means that the degree of immunization in the group of study participants is well below 1% and much lower than we expected,” Berner explained. “This suggests schools have not developed into hot spots.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/german-study-no-evidence-coronavirus-spreads-in-schools

The lies are disgusting.

Which ones? Do you have some experience or data to show that masks don't work for airborne pathogens?

I never resort to pulling out creds, but I've spent many years in biomedical engineering and can say that the reason medical professionals across the globe use masks and other PPE for these things is because they work.

Also, don't forget appropriate sanitizing and hand washing.

We are closing this thread... this subject it just like politics all it does is bring friction to the forum between members so its finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom