• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Water Shoes

REAL_RAT_FINK

Forum Supporter
Well, I'm on my 7th pair of water shoes? Something like that.

Need advice on some water shoes that will actually last. The ones I order on Amazon are $20-$40, mesh top with rubber sole. Have tried different brands all with similar results. These work great for about 10 trips and then start to rip on the side/edge and front edge. Once sand can get in they are worthless.

Any tips? I don't mind spending $100 if they will actually last.

Been there done that, until you get to that not so soft sand.... Or so hot it burns your foot sand! Though I know a few on here prefer to go barefoot.

The scoops really can tear up the bottoms on a pair of boots. I use Mares 6.7 mm hard bottom boots. They last me a long time..... the heavier mesh doesnt hold a lot of smell you get from the thinner ones either. Thin ones smell like you left a dead fish in your car for a week.:laughing:

I used Crocs about a month ago on a beach hunt, they left bad sores, Foot is about done healing. I'm getting a pair of hard sole dive boots.

Look at Chacos. All terrain sandals, great guarantee. Solid sole for digging with your scoop, sand will not get stuck in them. Very comfortable to wear all day in the water or out on a hike.

I used Crocs about a month ago on a beach hunt, they left bad sores, Foot is about done healing. I'm getting a pair of hard sole dive boots.
Wow, I've never had any issues. I don't strap them in - I leave the strap to the front.

I have used a pair of Bare dive boots for the last year and I really like em. Mine are 6mm though and way too hot for summer so i am barefoot. Central coast winter they are perfect though.

I am using a pair of low top dive boots, softer bottom right now but need to go back to high top dive boots soon. My last pair of higher boots I reinforced a bit against stingrays with pieces of cut rubber over the soft areas. Not the prettiest but I felt a few stingray hits that did not puncture the boot, a vast improvement over getting barbed...

Need advice on some water shoes that will actually last. The ones I order on Amazon are $20-$40, mesh top with rubber sole. Have tried different brands all with similar results. These work great for about 10 trips and then start to rip on the side/edge and front edge. Once sand can get in they are worthless.

Here in the NE where we have rocks and sharp oysters we wear muck boots or work boots when we aren't wearing our waders...

Search for a fisherman's "wading boot". It will have a top like a dive bootie, but the sole is a thick rubber to defeat barnacles and shells.

I use sandals. Never liked how water shoes collected sand. I buy my sandals 2 sizes bigger than I need. They're floppy, but I NEVER stub my toes. :)

If you are amenable to sandals in warm weather, I like Bedrock sandals as they have a Vibram sole and I have worn them for years with good results. I did have them "re-souled" by Bedrock- they have a program to keep your investment in good shape and it works. I now have two pair, one for salt water hunting and the other for casual wear. I can even run in these.

https://bedrocksandals.com/

In cold weather, I use Amazon PVC muck boots successfully.

Try that on the east coast and you may go home with a hypodermic needle wound...
Not a chance ! My rotten feet will melt glass and liquify metal.
570568d970f3f0ee6908ff8e4d2fdf58.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom